• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rozsnyai shoes

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Should you follow the link in my signature, you will see that I fly the banner of Rozsnyai Shoes. Still, all end prices depend on the chosen materials and features. Buffalo leathers didn't carry a premium despite the wonderful grain and texture so different from calf. The price list PDF does have the year 2012 in its name, so I'm uncertain if the numbers are still exact. Best to give a call or send an email along, their English is excellent.

Bertelsen

Reaction score
How are the shoes holding up?

Thinking on ordering a pair of budapesters in cordovan, the mtm via post is really interesting.

Problem is I can't decide on Roznyai, Buday or Heinrich Dinkelacker. :satisfied:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking on ordering a pair of budapesters in cordovan, the mtm via post is really interesting.

Problem is I can't decide on Roznyai, Buday or Heinrich Dinkelacker. :satisfied:

1 of each. :D

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No issues with make or leathers so far. Comparing R., V. and H.D. in make is not very fruitful: I've owned shoes from each and all are well-made, artisanal and built to last. The main point is to find a last that pleases your eyes and feet.

Bertelsen

Reaction score
Thank you, will probably end up with rozsnay.

Can you tell me how the mtm works?
Just the basics, do you line up your feet on paper? Thanks, I appreciate it!

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, will probably end up with rozsnay.

Can you tell me how the mtm works?
Just the basics, do you line up your feet on paper? Thanks, I appreciate it!

...just send them an email and let them know you'd like to receive their MTM measuring advice. It includes a photo guide that shows where you'll need to measure your feet as well as video instructions. If you plan to wear X with thicker socks, remember to mention this. It's best to measure in the evening as feet have a way of swelling during the day. Any abnormalities like corns, bunions and hammer toes are essential info for the shoemakers. I took some photos of my feet as well, just in case.

Bertelsen

Reaction score
Thanks, that helps a lot!
Now definitely want to try this out.

Yes, I sendt them a mail, still waiting for response. Now I hope they accept PayPal, then it's all great.

Thanks again.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can tolerate $400 for a pair of handcrafted shoe, but I don't like paying $60 to deliver them.

Wha...? Seriously? That's less than half, less than a third, of what you'd pay for any other handcrafted shoe of equivalent quality, and you're worried about $60 delivery? This is incredible value.

BTW, thank-you very much for these pictures and description, @VRaivio . These both look really nice.

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score

Now I hope they accept PayPal, then it's all great.
@VRaivio do u know whether they accept paypal or credit card payments? Thats the biggest problem with Vass and having to wire the payment

Last edited:

Bertelsen

Reaction score

@VRaivio do u know whether they accept paypal or credit card payments? Thats the biggest problem with Vass and having to wire the payment

They do not accept PayPal.
I am ordering their shoes through source culture, who retails their shoes.

They take PayPal. No problems, competent People, and great service.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do not accept PayPal.
I am ordering their shoes through source culture, who retails their shoes.

They take PayPal. No problems, competent People, and great service.
Whoa, great site! £340 including trees and worldwide shipping?

I like these

and these

Bertelsen

Reaction score
Yes, I am ordering the budapester in Shell cordovan, made to match and some minor changes.

Will post pictures when its done.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am ordering the budapester in Shell cordovan, made to match and some minor changes.

Will post pictures when its done.
May I ask how much that is costing you?

PM if you'd rather not put it in the open forum.

Thanks!

Bertelsen

Reaction score
I dont know exactly yet, I sent my final order yesterday, I will probably know it by tomorrow.

I think it will be around 500-600 uk pounds, minus vat (19%)

Edit: I mean with vat included, kind of early...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics