1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Oct 27, 2010.

1. milosz

milosz Senior member

The Mighty Mend-It crotch repair on my LVC '37s just failed horribly today, and they're getting way too baggy anyway. I'll get them sewn up for beaters. Time for some Roy. I guess the pair I just ordered from SE won't get to me (with hemming) until after Thanksgiving, damn.

2. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Is the shrinkage info given at selfedge correct ? Its says 1" shrinkage in waist. Isnt the cone mills denim supposed to shrink like crazy something like 2-3" in the waist ?

ALso, what are the impressions of the people who bought one of the new selfedge ones. I am looking for comments from people who actually bought one rather than people who just hate the price tag.

ANy fade pics or is it just too early for that ?

TIA

3. haganah

haganah Senior member

Is the shrinkage info given at selfedge correct ? Its says 1" shrinkage in waist. Isnt the cone mills denim supposed to shrink like crazy something like 2-3" in the waist ?

ALso, what are the impressions of the people who bought one of the new selfedge ones. I am looking for comments from people who actually bought one rather than people who just hate the price tag.

ANy fade pics or is it just too early for that ?

TIA

I tried one on in the store. I think it was RN01 or something similar - the slim ones. They're slim in the legs and comfortable in the rise but the rise just seemed a little high for me. And I think the back pockets looked big because of that. Anyway, that was my impression. The guys there said they should fade pretty well...not as stiff as somets.

4. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ Thanks, I am thinking of getting the straight leg. I am fine with the rise. I sold my Flathead 1001 and Momo 0705 because of the rise.

The rise on the 33 ius mentioned as 11.5" which I thinking would shrink to 10.75 - 11" which would be very much perfect.

Basically I am looking for these measurements post wast, post-shrinkage and post stretching.

Waist - 34"
    Rise - 11"
    Back Rise - 15"
    Thigh - 12"
    LO- 8.25"

I am thinking of getting the 33 in the straight leg. I am open to other recommendations from SE which would match my requirements.

TIA

5. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

[​IMG] just ordered a pair, now the wait.

6. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

^^ Thanks, I am thinking of getting the straight leg. I am fine with the rise. I sold my Flathead 1001 and Momo 0705 because of the rise.

The rise on the 33 ius mentioned as 11.5" which I thinking would shrink to 10.75 - 11" which would be very much perfect.

Basically I am looking for these measurements post wast, post-shrinkage and post stretching.

Waist - 34"
    Rise - 11"
    Back Rise - 15"
    Thigh - 12"
    LO- 8.25"

I am thinking of getting the 33 in the straight leg. I am open to other recommendations from SE which would match my requirements.

TIA

Warehouse lot 800

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

7. milosz

milosz Senior member

Ordered a pair 11/19 (hemmed) from SE - still haven't shipped. Even allowing a few days for hemming and Thanksgiving, this is getting a bit ridiculous. I could have waited to order during the Black Friday sale, saved $30 and probably gotten them at roughly the same time.

8. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ordered a pair 11/19 (hemmed) from SE - still haven't shipped. Even allowing a few days for hemming and Thanksgiving, this is getting a bit ridiculous. I could have waited to order during the Black Friday sale, saved $30 and probably gotten them at roughly the same time.

That's impossible, all jeans go out same day if not hemmed and within 3 or 4 days if hemmed.
    Email us and we'll figure out where it is.

9. milosz

milosz Senior member

I'll send another e-mail, but my first confirmation was 11/19, I sent an e-mail inquiring on 11/28 or 29 and was told it would be out within another 3 days.

10. kiya

I'll send another e-mail, but my first confirmation was 11/19, I sent an e-mail inquiring on 11/28 or 29 and was told it would be out within another 3 days.

Now i know what happened.. your jeans were the ones which came back to us from our studio without the hem scraps, the studio was trying to locate the exact scraps that were cut from the jean. They're going out tomorrow (or might have gone out today actually, and you'll get the tracking email tomorrow).

11. milosz

milosz Senior member

Thanks, Kiya. I've always had great service from your shop, somehow I've just hit a weird string of online shopping delays lately, it's like karma caught up with me for something.

12. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Got mine today, very impressed with the construction.

They fit comfortable in the top block right now rather than loose. SHould I cold soak them or just wear them for a week and try to get some stretch in the waist.

Do they only shrink 1" in the waist ?

13. kiya

Got mine today, very impressed with the construction.

They fit comfortable in the top block right now rather than loose. SHould I cold soak them or just wear them for a week and try to get some stretch in the waist.

Do they only shrink 1" in the waist ?

Cold soak them for 20 minutes in water then allow them to air dry, they may be a bit snug at first but they'll stretch out quickly.

14. robbie

robbie Senior member

I guess SF missed out on most of the anticipation surrounding the Roy x Cone contest, but in about 4 hours the contest will commence.

Check out the Sufu thread for all the details :

ROY x CONE cinchback nirvana

15. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

^ Contest has already started where I am :p ...but I have no pants for pants-wearing [​IMG]

16. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Was sending off my first gen. Roy's, when the Post Office lady surprised me with 2 parcels...

[​IMG]

One Roy out, another Roy in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

Some more pics...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

The boxers...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First hot-soak:
    [​IMG]

Cold hand-washed subsequently - it really bleeds ALOT:
    [​IMG]

19. Pablo-T

Pablo-T Senior member

Mike has posted some beautiful details shots of the ROY x Cone jeans. Here's a couple of fit pics.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Mike has posted some beautiful details shots of the ROY x Cone jeans. Here's a couple of fit pics.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice pics! What's the last jacket you have on?