• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Royal Wedding" attire

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mac
While it's technically "wrong", DB stood out for me as one of the best dressed

Looking like David Beckham pays off again for David Beckham.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's probably the best dressed wedding I've ever seen. Wow. I thought there was a lot more style than you all are letting on.

Flartchy

Reaction score
I dug the wing collar.. different but not garish

Tailcoat are awfully British, if you're in the states.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ridefar
I actually like Elton John's look there (non traditional color included). Not too many times in the last 40 years I would have been able to say that!

Damn EJ looks really good! I'm somewhat shocked to be honest given the fact that he used to be completely insane with his attire. I love this outfit.

Saltricks

Reaction score
Not completely sold on the wingtip collar, but its not as bad as I thought at 4am. Although I notice victoria's hat looks like a checker piece. "KING ME"

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
That's probably the best dressed wedding I've ever seen. Wow. I thought there was a lot more style than you all are letting on.

Not sure about best-dressed, but there was a lot to like.

Carole Middleton's last-minute choice of a Catherine Walker dress was perfect for mother-of-the-bride. Pippa Middleton looked appropriately pristine-yet-unintimidating as the maid-of-honour, and Catherine Middleton's Sarah Burton/Alexander McQueen wedding dress was elegant while still having a trace of that house's cheekiness buried underneath.

The men in ceremonial uniform all looked very correct, and most of the morning suits were fine too. Yes, a few slightly too long trousers here and there but not all that bad really. Samantha Cameron looked good in her Burberry dress, and Zara Phillips was lovely in that silver number.

I did think Princess Eugenie chose an unfortunate silhouette, as as for Princess Beatrice's hat...

CNsg6.jpg

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saltricks
about beckham...I thought he looked amazing...but the collar was distracting. sad really, it would have been 100 percent perfect with a turndown
Ditto, why does he always have to go with that one thing that makes it look tacky/tawdry?!
CNsg6.jpg
Hilarious!

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
img-mg---royal-wedding-day---guests_072743151183.jpg
I wondered why space aliens were sitting behind the Queen until I tracked them down to being princesses. And I ran across this image, which shows the variety there. I'm struck by gray coat with contrast lapels on the right. It looks better than the gray suit two the left. It seems to me the best off were the men who could were uniforms (those without helmets, anyway) though the father of the bride did good.

Flartchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Ditto, why does he always have to go with that one thing that makes it look tacky/tawdry?!

that's fashion baby!

The women's hats were ridiculous.. there should be new rule that they have to take them off indoors.

rathebaindc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Of couse Princess Posh had to break protocol and wear black but she would do that wouldn't she?

I think Beckham looks pretty good and his wife looks like she bought shoes from the bin marked "Cheap Whore".

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
james_timothy - that's Prince Albert of Monaco whose gray suit you put down. He's done a lot worse things than wearing that suit.... Fiancee looks stunning, anyway.
I keep thinking how much the hat designers and makers made with this affair, and all they will make with the influence it's attendees will spark. Great, great day for the hat industry - in UK and around the world. Hopefully males will be influenced, as well. I always want to see more guys wearing hats (and I don't particularly mean baseball caps or winter wool types, either....).

I've been seeing, for a while now, lots of headbands for ladies with the glitz and feathers, etc. I'm told this comes pretty much from Kate's sense of style. And real hats.
smile.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is dressed in RL and he is wearing the OBE medal on the wrong lapel. But otherwise looks good. Of course, he always looks handsome, the lucky guy. Too bad the old lady can't smile. Kinda "wrong" of her to wear midnight blue since it looks like black to a wedding. But her hat is fun.

Originally Posted by Mac
While it's technically "wrong", DB stood out for me as one of the best dressed:

article-1381834-0BD2B76400000578-871_306x671.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads