Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Royal Label Collection suits - any info out there?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alflauren, Oct 23, 2006.

1. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Has anyone tried the Royal Label package? It's offered by a number of high-end menswear stores in the USA. I just took a look at the fabric books at my local shop, and the fabrics are very nice, so I'm just wondering about the quality of the finished product.

According to my local menswear guy, the suits in the $2100 package are made in Chile, while the ones in the $2500 package are made by a shop in Pennsylvania. The custom shirts are made by Individualized Shirts in NJ.

Any comments welcome. This is all I can find on the web:

2. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

Looks like I'm the test case then. I'll report back.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

According to my local menswear guy, the suits in the $2100 package are made in Chile, while the ones in the $2500 package are made by a shop in Pennsylvania. The custom shirts are made by Individualized Shirts in NJ.

I've heard that there are a few shirtmakers in NJ, but I haven't heard anything about a custom suit shop in Pennsylvania.....

The stores carrying the package seem legitimate, though. I'm pretty sure that Roger Stevens (in Milwaukee) is the shop next to the lobby of the Pfister hotel (nice hotel - I stayed at a suite there once). They carry a lot of Hickey Freeman.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Looks like I'm the test case then. I'll report back.

Assuming the shirts go for $100 or so, you are paying $600 for a made in Chile suit with questionable fabric. I think you could do better.

5. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

The stores carrying the package seem legitimate, though. I'm pretty sure that Roger Stevens (in Milwaukee) is the shop next to the lobby of the Pfister hotel (nice hotel - I stayed at a suite there once). They carry a lot of Hickey Freeman.

Bingo. That's my shop. At least when I'm not feeling cheap...

Re: the suit cost, I don't know...$600 doesn't seem bad for MTM, provided the fabric in the suits is the same stuff as offered in the fabric books. I can't wear things off the rack. (My drop is about 10" and I like my jackets short). So I'm thinking this is an okay option.

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

yeah, with a 10 inch drop, low end MTM is probably gonna be a lot better than any altered RTW you can get at that price. the fit issue just starts to overwhelm everything else.

do you remember what fabric book you were looking at?

7. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

I pulled the trigger on this today. There were about 50 available fabrics split between Reda and Clissold, from 100s to 120s. I ended up with one Reda that I liked and two Clissold.