• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rowenta iron problem

Pink22m

Reaction score
Recently, I noticed that my Rowenta iron doesn't seem to power up when I plug it into an outlet. The red power light doesn't go on, nor does the steam mode. Also, the iron isn't producing any heat. I am a bit behind on my ironing because of this, and I want to resolve this problem expeditiously. Should I bother calling the customer service number to see if I should get it repaired? Unfortunately, the iron is out of warranty, since I have had it around three years now. For those ironers on this board, especially the Rowenta users, how long have your irons lasted? Should I just go ahead and purchase a new iron? I suppose I could call the customer service number listed on the box, but I am guessing that the costs associated with repairing it will be too high to justify going that route.

My iron has seen heavy use, as I typically iron two or three times a week. I have used only distilled water, although I was reading in the manual, that it is better to use tap water for the iron. I don't think this could be the cause of the problem however. Anyways, your feedback is much appreciated, thanks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like a very simple failure. Try taking it in to an appliance repair shop. It's probably just a fuse or loose connection or something.

wvuguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stach
I don't like Rowenta.

I, on the other hand, absolutely LOVE my Rowenta DE-92.1 Professional. Its heft and non-stick soleplate make it, IMHO, the ideal shirt-pressing tool. But, more than that, it's been beyond amazingly durable.

It's fallen full-force onto the floor......from both my ironing board and my dryer......at least a half dozen times (if not more) in the better than 10 years since I've owned it. And, while the water spray button (and pilot light bezel) broke out LONG ago, it still comes to temperature and generates steam (both by setting and via the "shot-of-steam" button) as effectively as the day I took it out of the box. I don't think I've put a drop of distilled water in it ever (the instructions did state tap water), and it certainly seems to be working just fine

Granted, an iron of this weight (and cost) isn't for everyone. But, for anyone that presses their own shirts, I simply can't imagine a better product of its type.

nomovement

Reaction score
better get jasper morrisson on the line

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am on my second (and last
mad.gif
) Rowenta Professional Luxe iron. If there is a better model that I should try, someone please tell me as I am at a point where flying out to Germany and firebombing the Rowenta factory is not out of the question.

wvuguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I am on my second (and last
mad.gif
) Rowenta Professional Luxe iron. If there is a better model that I should try, someone please tell me as I am at a point where flying out to Germany and firebombing the Rowenta factory is not out of the question.

From what I can tell from a quick Google search, the DE92 that I own doesn't appear to be for sale any longer. That's too bad, because it's a primo product......and one I'd recommend highly.

stach

Reaction score
I have a Black & Decker Professional that to me, is the perfect iron. It's about ten years old. I don't know if they still make this model.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me among those with a dim view of the Rowenta. Bought one in the professional series, followed all the directions and the damn thing leaked water like a sieve.

alfredoharrison

Reaction score
How To Open Steam Burst Problems On Rowenta Iron And Modify ...
After a while, steam explosion buttons failed to produce steam. It seems to be due to scale builds. Nippes will be a joke to clean.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How To Open Steam Burst Problems On Rowenta Iron And Modify ...
After a while, steam explosion buttons failed to produce steam. It seems to be due to scale builds. Nippes will be a joke to clean.

Are you contributing - on a twelve year old thread as your first post or are you advertising your services as a web developer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads