• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Routines

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
What are your daily routines (week days)?

Mine goes something like this:

1) Get up around 7, shower, shave, brush teeth, all of this is done in the shower. Dry off, get dressed.
2) 7:30-7:45ish: Journey downstairs and take medicine, put on shoes. My left shoe always goes on first, then my right and then I proceed to tie them.
2) 7:45-8:00: Round up school books, keys, cell phone, etc. Hop in car, commute to school, about a 10 minute trip the way I drive.
3) 8:10-8:15: Chill in car, converse with friends, listen to music. Usually softer in the morning. Zep gets me in the mood for school.
4) 8:15-12:00: School. Mondays are homeroom, Biology and English, respectively. Tuesdays are homeroom, Geometry and Spanish II, also respectively.
5) 12:00-12:35: Lunch time, I always have a cherry coke with lunch. Always. Converse with friends.
6) 12:35-3:10: Classes galore. Monday is computer and art. Tuesdays are World History and study hall.
7) 3:10-3:30: On mondays I like to stick around and talk to my art teacher, she is a bad ass. On tuesdays, however, I rush out the door like there is no tomorrow and jump in the car and drive home. Some days I hang out with friends for a little while, but recently I haven't.
8) 3:10/3:30-4:00: Leisurely drive home, enjoying the scenery. Harder music is suitable.
9) 4:00-5:00: Waltz upstairs, change school clothes and proceed to do any homework due the next day.
10) 5:00-7:30 or 8:00ish: Play around upstairs. Whether it consist of video games, tv, myspace or style forum.
11) 8:00-8:30: Dinner is nice.
12) 8:30-9:30: Run any necessary errands, play around upstairs. Same as number 10.
13) 9:30-10:00: Any necessary hygenic activites.
14)10:00-12:00: I like to watch movies and unwind, also, I like to do some form or art in this time. Listen to lots of music.
12:00-12:10: Sleepy time, except for days like this when I've slept 14 hours already.
12:10-7:00: Unconciousness.

Later, rinse, repeat.

There you have it, my daily weekday routine. Weekends are hectic, as I have no idea what I'm doing until the very last minute. I may update this later to be moe specific, but I am tired at the moment.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
different everyday. sometimes, i sleep at 8pm and wake up at 4am. other times, i sleep at 2am and wake up at 7:30am. still other times, i don't sleep at all.

the only consistent thing from day to day are school and my daily marijuana cigar. also, styleforum.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oman
different everyday. sometimes, i sleep at 8pm and wake up at 4am. other times, i sleep at 2am and wake up at 7:30am. still other times, i don't sleep at all.

the only consistent thing from day to day are school and my daily marijuana cigar. also, styleforum.

I'm glad someone replied. I can't smoke pot by myeslf, or everyday. I just get tired of it. A few times every month is always nice though.

heartworm

Reaction score
Apart from an early breakfast (around 8 AM) and my afternoon tea at 4 PM my days vary alot. Sometimes I work a lot, other times I don't. A day can go with working, playing music, reading, spending time with friends or my girlfriend, or nothing at all.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wake up around now. Shower, freshen up, eat a small breakfast, get to school by 12. The routine of the day unravels from there.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Wake up between 8:15 and 8:45, depending on how many times I hit the snooze button and when, exactly, I have to be at work. Stare at the closet for fifteen minutes trying to decide what to wear. Shower, dress, make breakfast protein shake. Change my mind on what to wear. Change it back. Open the blinds in the apartment so that the cat can enjoy the morning sun. Kiss fiancee goodbye.

9:00: Leave the apartment. If it's cold or hot, catch the bus to work; if it's nice and it really *is* about 9am (and not later), walk. Drink breakfast en route to work.

9:30: At work, ready to go.

Work (and, uhm, check styleforum and make inane posts about my daily schedule) until around 12:30.

12:30: Lunch #1. Usually eaten at my desk, unless it's particularly nice out or I decide to splurge and buy lunch.

1pm: Work.

4pm: Lunch #2, at desk.

4:15: Work.

6:30pm: Leave for home. Always walk, unless it's really godawful cold (or wet-rag hot). Helps break in the jeans, you know?

7pm: eat less than a meal, more than a snack. Head to the gym.

7:15pm: Gym.

8:30pm: Shower, protein shake.

8:45pm: TiVo is God.

9:30pm: Dinner #1. TiVo is still God.

10pm: Depends on my fiancee, largely. She's in grad school, so typically she's doing homework, working on her dissertation, etc. If she's not, we usually do something--going to a bar or a movie, hanging out with friends, sitting on the couch reading, seeing what arrived in the mail from Netflix... pretty open. If she's busy, see below @ 12:30.

12am: Fiancee goes to bed. Dinner #2.

12:30am: Select one of the following: 1) random web-surfing (aka, Styleforum and email); 2) online gaming with an old friend who lives in Dallas (this is how we spend time together and stay in touch); 3) reading; 4) work on music (amateur sample-based electronica mostly, at this point); 5) write a little, every so often (usually ends up becoming a blog post, which usually doesn't get posted because I hate almost everything I write); 6) TiVo remains resplendent. Watch the Sixers lose (again), marvel at AI (again).

2:30-3:30am, depending on energy level: Have protein shake, go to bed.

Weekends are a whole different story, and change every week. Also, at least one weekday evening per week is usually spent either: hanging out with a friend or two at a bar, someone's apartment, etc; or: working late (i.e. until around 9:30 or 10pm).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
wake up 7-ish but lay in bed watching whose line at 7, malcolm in the middle at 730 (damn funny while half asleep)

oprah starts at 8, so i remember my spirit and get out of bed.

shower, dress, motorbike, office by about 915.

work, procrastinate (damn SF), lunch at desk, work, procrastinate (damn SF)

leave 6.30/7ish

meet someone, drink somewhere, maybe bar food dinner, maybe street food somewhere. Otherwise I always have a fridge full of maid food to reheat at home.

home 9-10

mess around on SF, watch TV, sleep around 12.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Bed kicked at 6:30 by rude sergeant first class.
Gym 6:30-7:30
Breakfast 7:30-8
Shower/dress 8-9
Work 9-12 or 1
Eat for an hour
Work 'til 5
Gym 5-6
Dinner 6-7
Work 7-8~10
Read or movie 'til 11 ish

7 days a week.

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Bed kicked at 6:30 by rude sergeant first class.
Gym 6:30-7:30
Breakfast 7:30-8
Shower/dress 8-9
Work 9-12 or 1
Eat for an hour
Work 'til 5
Gym 5-6
Dinner 6-7
Work 7-8~10
Read or movie 'til 11 ish

7 days a week.

Are you in the service or something?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's start tonight:
2:00am, Grab a shower and shave. Go to sleep.
7:05am. Alarm Rings. (actually music I don't like, from my computer, loud enough to wake the dead) Get up, shutoff speakers, sit in chair.
7:10am. Wash face and brush teeth.
7:15am. With pants, shoes, and coat on, go uncover and start car. Determine shirt and outerwear to be worn as a function of temperature experienced.
7:20am. Grab and apply shirt, get phone, keys, wallet, briefcase and pre-prepared lunch.
7:25am (idealized) 7:30am (usually) Leave.
7:55am. Arrive at parking spot. Walk to class.
8:00-10:20am. Two classes down. Use twenty-minute downtime to check mail, finish homework, hit up SF.
10:45-12:00n Grad class.
12:10-12:30pm. Start homework-that-requires-University-computers during lunch. Hit up SF while things compile. (can't eat in the computer labs).
12:35-1:55. Project meeting
1:00-3:50. Long-ass class.
4:00-6:50pm Another long class, but the Prof rules so it seems too short. Exam tomorrow though.
7:30pm. Arrive home. Take sandwich in put back in fridge (easily 60% of the time)
8:00pm. Eat dinner, thankfully prepared by another family member.
9:00-12:00m or ??. Study. Peruse SF. Though I often pass out on the couch and don't get up until eleven.

Repeat three other times/week, but get home by six on those days.

Livin' large,
Huntsman

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
Yes
smile.gif

Tyto

Reaction score
My routine is mostly dictated by the whims of The Prince (my five-month-old son), but we've managed to establish some pattern:

4:30-5:00am: wake up, feed the boy, hopefully get another half hour of sleep
6:45-7:00am: drop the boy at daycare
5:30pm: get the boy from daycare
6:00 or 6:30pm: naptime (his)
6:30-7:30pm: dinner
7:30pm: bath time
8:15pm: feed boy, put to bed
11:00-11:30: feed boy, put back to bed

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar

It's either that, or he's got some very interesting nicknames for his partner....

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
It's either that, or he's got some very interesting nicknames for his partner....
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
next to the parents it looks like i get up the earliest:

MWF
5:45 wake, eat breakfast (coffee and multigrain cherrios every morning)
6:15 shower, dress, etc.
7:00-7:15 leave house, walk to car, drive to campus
8:15 arrive and walk to office
8:15-9:25 read email, record grades etc, prep for class
9:30-10:20 class
10:25-11:25 prep class, record grades and attendance etc.
11:30-12:20 class
12:30-2:20 check mail, eat lunch, prep class, meet with students
2:20-3:45 class
3:50-5-6 office hours, other work stuff
6-7 arrive home have dinner, watch Jeopardy!
7:30 until bed (usually 10:30) screw around, grade papers, read papers, etc.

when I'm lucky (have time, not recovering from surgery as now) I try to get to the gym from 5-6:30 or so.

TTh basically the same except it's all office hours and working on grading, research, committee meetings, etc.

bob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads