• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roundtree & York Gold Label Shirts

bpilgrim

Reaction score
I was in my local Dillard's and the salesman kept trying to steer me towards a bunch of Roundtree & York Gold Label shirts. I thought that they probably got a really got commision off of this merchandise and did not pay much attention. However, I later noticed a business man come in and buy about 6 of them at one time and said they were great. I asked him and he said he loved the fit and how durable they are. I did not know if he had been previously indoctrinated by the salesforce, or ir he was a savvy customer. Do any SF members have experience with this brand?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
sounds like these are your basic Asian made department store brand of shirt. Not bad, not great. corners are cut to maximize profit. wait for the sale and buy a couple. Do not pay full price unless.

Carl

KhalidAZ

Reaction score
I own quite a few Roundtree and York Gold Label Polo's and a few button downs. Their quality is in my opinion quite good actually - much better than an average store brand. I would rank my Gold Label Polo's on par with my Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, or Cutter / Buck polos. Button downs also are equally nice. Their Roundtree and York Carribean polo's are on par with my Tommy Bahamas easily.

All this said - I am not impressed with the Roundtree and York NON gold label / carribean lines - those DO seem to be a basic department store shirt.

So your milage may vary - based on the 3 levels of quality that are offered to choose from. But I would not at all hesitate to buy the Gold Label or Carribean items.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't trust a businessman who buys 6 shirts at Dillards. He probably buys suits there as well. Quality of R&Y shirts is on par with Daniel Cremieux, Perry Ellis, etc... Pass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads