• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round dress watch (<38mm) for small wrist

randomax

Reaction score
Gentlemen - need some suggestions for dress watches with leather buckle with diameter &lt;38mm (the smaller the better). My budget is around $200 and I know its not a lot but wanted to see if anyone has decent suggestions that fit my requirements. Thanks as always.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May suggest the Seiko 5, it's built like a tank with an automatic movement will last for decades and can be found on the internet for cheap.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko 5 watches are a great suggestion -- many styles are available under $100 (I own two). If you wanted to upgrade a bit, the Seiko Spirit is another option (google "seiko scvs013") for around $350.

Twotone

Enfant

Reaction score
How about this: http://www.danishdesignwatches.com/

Rather modern but that does not mean it is not 'dressy'.

Even their sub $200 models have sapphire crystal, something you don't get for watches of that price range.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would look at some vintage watches. Most vintage watches are on the small side anyway. Hell, I found a very nice vintage Elgin dress watch (1964) for about $30 shipped on e-bay. I'm not saying the watch is anything special, but it is a real nice looking dress watch. Check out www.watchcat.com He carries a small collection of vintage watches.

randomax

Reaction score
I actually like the seiko spirit but at $340 its slightly above my price range.

agent86a

Reaction score
Another watch to take a look at are the Orient Star series.

I own one of these and think it's a fantastic watch. They can be tough to find, but ebay is a good source.

Check out the Orient catalog at this site:
http://www.higuchi-inc.com/index-e.html

Another good source for Japanese mechanical watches for the domestic market (tend to be smaller) is:
http://www.seiyajapan.com/

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stowa Antea--either the kleine sekunde or the 365.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Skagen has lots of very dressy, smaller watches in the $100-$150 range if you're looking to go very cheap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads