1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Roommate Horror Stories

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TylerDurden, Sep 14, 2010.

1. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

One of my housemates peeled the Vineyard Vines stickers off my pong table because he "didn't want pink whales" on a table in "his" house. He also dumped a ton of empty natty cans on my floor, basically for no reason.
    i agree. pink whaels are gey. NATTY CANS ROOL PLEDGE GAMMA ALPHA UPSILON!!!!

2. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

I spent about six months living with a professional chef who also grew his own marijuana in some bushland near our house.

He cooked great meals, but he did have one irritating trait - he would leave bundles of marijuana sitting around the house. I came home from work one evening and, walking in to the toilet, found a large bundle of just-plucked buds sitting on the windowsill. He had evidently been down the bush picking his crop, had come home, gone to the toilet and then entirely forgotten about the crop (perhaps not surprising, given that he consumed a lot of the stuff that he picked!).

Still, apart from his habit of absent-mindedly leaving illegal substances lying around the house, he was a good housemate.

Interestingly, he used to dry-fry the buds in an electric frypan on low heat before bagging them up. I never tried his crop (never tried anything like that, rather like the Foo), but he assured me that it was a good technique.

This sounds like the BEST ROOMMATE EVER.

3. shellshock

shellshock Senior member

freshman year, it was 5 girls in 2 rooms with an adjoining bathroom area and living area. one of my roommates had a friend come stay with us a few days. this girl was a childhood friend of the roommate, and she apparently had some mental problems although we didn't know this beforehand. i never saw her sleep once. i generally stayed up later than all my other roommates, and at night i'd hear the friend in the living room area all night with the tv on, talking to it(?) or possibly herself. one day she wandered off for several hours and nobody knew where she went and she came back with some rocks and placed them under our pillows. one night we were sleeping, and were suddenly woken by the girl coming into our room. she yelled something and threw wet leaves around the room.

we later found out she had spent some time in a psychiatric institution.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I have the ultimate roommate horror story, but it'll take me awhile to type out, so for another day I guess. =\\

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^you can't leave us hanging like that

6. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Senior member

I have the ultimate roommate horror story, but it'll take me awhile to type out, so for another day I guess. =\\

Well done, moron.

7. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Foo, where did you go for undergrad? Your freshman year roommate sounds remarkably like a friend of mine who matches that description perfectly, including the law school aspirations. I use the word "friend" loosely, because he's a childhood friend whose insufferable antics eventually drove him out of all of our lives.

8. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Only time I threatened to pummel somebody (and did, partly).

3 guys. One is still my best friend.
    1981 London, UK.
    We were conducting students at Trinity College of Music, London.
    Shared a 3 bed flat in Neasden, North London.
    Jerk roommate was first study conducting, me 2nd study (flute 1).

After three months of stealing food, not paying for rounds, smoking stogies in every room, living in his own crap, never cleaning, screwing his loud, dog ugly, equally smelly girlfriend all night long and then feeding her our food, storming out of a rehearsal screaming at me when our prof asked me to finish a rehearsal with the college's major symphony orch, with plenty of polite then terse warnings, he did the unthinkable. He stole one of my scores (Debussy Nocturnes, and 're orchestrated' Debussy in indelible red pen).

I found him, he scoffed, I grabbed him, lifted him up against the wall by the scruff of his neck, punched him hard, him kicking and screaming like a Banshee, my buddy screaming 'don't kill' him'. He ran out into the quiet night, smashed into a garbage can (yells fuck at the top of his voice), then a dog barked and bit him and he screams fuck even louder. We laughed.

From what I see and read in reviews and from buddies who still work with him, he's still a major arsehole.