• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roomate is about to f*ck me over

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My roomate believes he has skin issues. According to him, the room environment gets his skin dried out and it makes it "elastic". This simply is not true- he is dillusioned and OCD. He is 27 and began crying over this issue last week. Not a single person notices a difference, its not causing him pain and no his skin isnt stretching more than 1 cm or normal length that everyones does.

So he spent the night at some friend of his place. Anyways, he claims that his skin is better when he sleeps there. Apparently the appartment we live in heats up too much but he will not turn on the fan or air conditoner as that would apparently lead to worsen his skin moreso.

So now is telling me: either I fix the situation (I dont know what to do, the heating is off. So is the air conditioner, opening windows is not an option for this idiot) or he is considering the option of moving out.

He says hes going to be in on the weekend to see if the situation has changed. Or try out staying over the weekend and see how his skin reacts. Knowing him and his reactions, its not going to be any better.

I asked him what he is planning to do if nothing changes to which he replied well see then. He avoids telling me so I ask him straight up if hes even considering moving out. So yes it is an option. He might **** me over even though he promised that this would never happen. My dad cosigned the lease with me. He could not have a cosigner as he was an international student so the lease is under my name. This guy is the brother of a good friend of mine who seems to find it hard to balance the situation between me and my roomate.

After telling that tis a ******* problem for me that he is moving out and thats why I should know now...he simply avoids it and says he would pay the rent anyways. He cant afford rent at two places..I know that and I believe he is saying that just to avoid confrontation at the moment.

What a *************
Extra two grand. My dad is going to kill me and im fucked.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
an air moisturizer could do the job, but that would only help if the guy was sane..

jefe

Reaction score
Dry air should have the opposite effect of additional skin elasticity.

Tell your roommate to man the **** up and deal with it.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
an air moisturizer could do the job, but that would only help if the guy was sane..

Got him a humidifier.

He says its not helping him

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start looking for a roommate NOW!!!!

Reaction score
Humidifier.
Moisturizer.

And yeah, dryness is the arch enemy of elasticity.

He sounds like a nutter. He'd be better off in a rubber room.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First of all, use a condom.

Second of all, it obviously has nothing to do with his skin. Start looking for a new roommate.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jefe
Dry air should have the opposite effect of additional skin elasticity.

Tell your roommate to man the **** up and deal with it.

There are lots of things this man thinks are true but really are not.

Hes the biggest ***** I have ever come accross. He was crying last week about this. His brother who is the exact opposite has moved back to England a few months ago.

Not only has he been causing me a headache...hes now justifying himself screwing me over by saying its about his health.

I told him hes bastardized the meaning of good health and illnesses.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He wants to be sick, so he will be sick. Start looking for his replacement now, cause if you try to keep him around, he will make you sick.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont think he planned to move out. He is literally crazy. He went to three dermatologists over the course of last week. Cried several times about this. And was pissed that every doctor he went to (total of 5-6 including general practicioners who referred him to derms ebcause he insisted) all laughed at him. This man really thinks he has a problem.

And his friend lives in Brooklyn...on the other side of prospect park so its far away. He would rather be here by far.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Either way, cut your losses.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best you can do is to pressure him into finding a replacement roommate. Normally I wouldn't suggest lying but since he is making up all this BS to try to get out of his agreement, I would try to scare him into thinking that he has to find a replacement, OR ELSE.

If that fails, you are screwed, you definitely have no legal recourse.

One final alternative is for you to just go out and find a new roommate yourself. It's not what you planned but at least you can get rid of this wackjob and still have someone else pay rent, maybe even someone you get along with. You have to do the work. But in the end, isn't it better to do some legwork and find a good new roommate rather than living with this nutter for another year?

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put all his sh!t on the sidewalk.
Change the locks.
Put an add on Craigslist for a new roommate.

(Better to f*ck than be f*cked.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads