• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ron Rider's Boots - Soon to be Available (PICS)

III

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
Im hesitant to put that nice of leather in wet conditions.

Put a cap like a sole-tech or a topy on there and you should be in good shape for wet weather.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by III
Put a cap like a sole-tech or a topy on there and you should be in good shape for wet weather.

Two thoughts:

1) Many of Ron's boots are going to be made in shell cordovan, which many people prefer to calfskin for wet conditions due to its durability

2) I believe if you check his blog he's offering a dainite sole-type option - getting away from the leather sole will help somewhat. And if you go with the shell and the dainite sole, well, no puddle can stop you.

III

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
Two thoughts:

1) Many of Ron's boots are going to be made in shell cordovan, which many people prefer to calfskin for wet conditions due to its durability

2) I believe if you check his blog he's offering a dainite sole-type option - getting away from the leather sole will help somewhat. And if you go with the shell and the dainite sole, well, no puddle can stop you.

Man! I will definitely have to check his blog. Swamp season is about to start in earnest here in Houston. I can only wear Blundstones to work so many days in a row . . . .

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
As you well know, in San Francisco there are no rules for dress.

Are these boots sold somewhere in San Fran? I certainly hope so, because I've been wanting a pair of boots like ALL of these for some time now.

Unless you traverse to the financial district. People in pants + shirts + The North Face fleeces are typically traders and analysts where as people in full suits usually are higher up position, attending business meetings and/or sales.

Once there were some DB intern (young and beautiful college girls) wearing spring dresses and flip-flops.

Originally Posted by bmulford
I ask because I've never worn any sort of boot before. I like the look, but don't know if they serve a purpose beyond the astetic in a local like SF. Intuitively, I'd suspect boots to be warmer on cold days, but Im hesitant to put that nice of leather in wet conditions.

Having said that, the mid rise boot is so nice, I could see wearing it with jeans or coton pants with no reason other than loving the look.

I have wore Chelsea boots to work a lot of times and people don't typically notice it until they look at you sitting down, but then it does not matter because dress boots are completely different than Timberland work boots.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Unless you traverse to the financial district. People in pants + shirts + The North Face fleeces are typically traders and analysts where as people in full suits usually are higher up position, attending business meetings and/or sales.

Once there were some DB intern (young and beautiful college girls) wearing spring dresses and flip-flops.

I have wore Chelsea boots to work a lot of times and people don't typically notice it until they look at you sitting down, but then it does not matter because dress boots are completely different than Timberland work boots.

God spare me the curse of north face fleeces + beat up black rubber shoes. I'm in the city only part of the week, the rest is in the north bay. If you think Sartorial efforts are under appreciated in SF, you should try Napa or Sonoma.

Seems like I can find a reason to get several of these. high calf Shell+daninite sole for wet days, mid height calf with leather for any other time.

I think Ron mentioned these would be in the $600 range, but we'll have to see once he starts to sell them in earnest.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone - thanks for the interest!

I had expected to have everything ready and available by Wednesday of this week, but received paperwork and an official 'request' to be on an airplane tomorrow heading to Italy and then on to Hong Kong to a private shoe show hosted by the network I set up there last month. Apparently, setting up the show they lost the nerve to build/explain the Martegani line for that market, so I must go immediately to work this show - it is an important market we just got into.

Certainly not the best timing, but I must go.

Therefore, barring the office getting everything organized properly while I am gone, and into Franco's Fine Clothiers shop, we will wait until I return the first week of June to get the boot line in the shop and on-line.

I will go to the office first thing tomorrow, and should be able to get the pre-orders set up for them to contact all customers - but my time is short (I just got home at 4AM from Rochester, NY) so I will do everything I can and then will have to pick it up when I return.

Thanks again -

Ron

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads