• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romo are you serious?!

tony19

Reaction score
Look....in public I would have good manors and not mention anything (unless I was one of his close friends looking out for him) and I really don't want to come off snobby here but...I have to point this out. Is Romo serious with leaving that tag on his jacket sleeve???????!!!!!!!! nevermind the cheese suit jacket/jeans look from 1999.....someone could have helped him out here. as most of us know a lot of athlete's wardbrobes are tragic and they need help but yikes. this is suit jacket 101 here. obviously he did not take a trip to a tailor.

Anyways i guess this leads into my main point of this post....when are we going to start seeing athlete's dress like respectable gentleman again?? Anyone like the way any athlete's dress?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What can you expect from a man that won't play with a broken pinky while his team goes into the toilet.

ROOOOOMMMMOOOOOO!!!!

Worse than the players is the announcers and commentators. 3 Button suit no matter how fat and old you are. Crappy pocket square from the same material as your lame ass tie. Followed up with a knot that was tied blindfolded by their ass cheeks. This has been bothering me for a while thanks for the post.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Who is this person? Why do we care that he can't dress?

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
I'm confused. Who is this person? Why do we care that he can't dress?

He is the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. So you may not care but it is just an open discussion regarding athletes and how they dress.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
What can you expect from a man that won't plat with a broken pinky while his team goes into the toilet.

ROOOOOMMMMOOOOOO!!!!

Worse than the players is the announcers and commentators. 3 Button suit no matter how fat and old you are. Crappy pocket square from the same material as your lame ass tie. Followed up with a knot that was tied blindfolded by their ass cheeks. This has been bothering me for a while thanks for the post.

LOL wow. I couldn't agree with you more but the announcers are so bad they are in a whole other realm all together...we should save them for another thread.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last season when doing these NBA games, Magic Johnson had tags on his sleeve a couple times.
That's some sad sh*t!

Also, very few show any of the shirt's cuff.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Why label on sleeve
frown.gif
Why I click.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is what I don't understand about the announcers. They make their livings from bieng on TV. They wear makeup and have wardrobe people, I presume. What asstastic wardrope person picks that garbage out? Do they higher some other old athlete to pick their trash out? Do network televisons let these clowns pick out their own clothes or do they pay someone to pick them out for the announcers?

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Last season when doing these NBA games, Magic Johnson had tags on his sleeve a couple times.
That's some sad sh*t!

The NBA just leaves me speechless. I don't know if we can even classify their suits as suits...they are more like parachutes sewn together.

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
Here is what I don't understand about the announcers. They make their livings from bieng on TV. They wear makeup and have wardrobe people, I presume. What asstastic wardrope person picks that garbage out? Do they higher some other old athlete to pick their trash out? Do network televisons let these clowns pick out their own clothes or do they pay someone to pick them out for the announcers?

every saturday and sunday I wonder the same thing dude. i'm already over how bad their clothing is...I am like you...i am more intrigued by who let them out of the house.

I'd say one guy who actually somewhat gets it right now is Jesse Palmer. Disregarding his neckties are sometimes too short.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tony19
He is the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. So you may not care but it is just an open discussion regarding athletes and how they dress.

I see. That wasn't clear. I thought maybe Romo was a tailor. Carry on.

Mauby

Reaction score
Maybe it's urban hip. You know, like when guys would leave their tags on their baseball caps. Absolutely ridiculous looking, but was the "in" thing.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
He looks like he's been hanging around with Joe Simpson too much.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
You can't expect style, discernment, or anything like that from a lowly Cowpoke. Or even flair: that's what Clinton Portis is for!

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mets announcers are dressed by Canali and generally look pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is that Ron Darling fastens his bottom button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads