• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Romeo Gigli?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of these shirts at Filene's and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this brand.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In like 1990 I had some of their stuff. It was very nice. I sort of associate the line with Byblos. Always good stuff, sometimes in fashion.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I had a couple of great ties by him around the same time period -- one of my absolute favorite ties was a gigli purchased on my honeymoon in 1996 (some a*hole later stole it when breaking into my car). Haven't really heard anything about him in some time. He may do more women's stuff than men's now, but I'm not sure.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ditto for me. Louis carried some really intersting pieces back in the day, very Moroccan inspired.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I'm not sure how it's pronounced in Italian but when I say the name it comes out, Romeo Jiggly, which makes me laugh.

Second "G" is silent

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy Pierre Cardin!! Is that company still up and running?

ironmarshal

Reaction score
I also picked up a Romeo Gigle shirt from Filene's and have to say I'm quite pleased with it to date. I need to get the sleeves shortened but the quality is definately there.

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
I must have (still) a dozen or so Gigli shirts from the early 90's. And I also own a couple of his belts. All nicely done. He was doing some pretty forward stuff back then. You know, I can kinda see the Gigli/ Byblos comparison/association.

I was always told that it was pronounced "jee-lee" but with a bit of a "sh" sound mixed in with the "j"... Much like "Gigi" (from the movie...the good, Leslie Caron version) but with the "L" in place of the 2nd "G"...

Dennis

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
I have a blue check from Filene's and I like it.
I'm not unpleased for a 40-60 dollar shirt.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice dress shirt, great quality. Actually one of my favorite shirt happens to be Romeo Gigli, it's cut absolutely perfect.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C21 always has a few racks of Gigli ties. I may be mistaken but I believe they cost about $20. They are really nothing special.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jizunige