• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Romantic Italian for the young in NYC

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Barbuto, Alto, Marea, Babbo, Locanda Verde

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why not one of the batali restaurants like otto or babbo

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
when I was your age I was taking chicks to eat pizza or subs. I wish I had that kind of cash.

zz

Last edited:

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Lupa in the village, its one of Batalis restaurants and its pretty well priced. They have a late night roman menu (1030-close Sun-Thurs) that is like 3 courses and a glass of wine for like 25 bucks which is an awesome deal.

changy

Reaction score
Basta pasta serves good food and it has an open kitchen. people say the food is japanese/italian fusion, but i find it more italian than japanese. affordable price too.

You can also try scarpetta, a less formal setting compared to babbo/del posto/marea but fairly good food.

I don't like lupa because the tables are set too close to each other.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Po, used to be a Batali restaurant, but got sold. It's on a tiny side street in the village, right off Bleecker. It is tiny itself - there's something to be said for uncomfortable cramped west village restaurants.

Too bad you want to leave Chelsea, because I love Tello's. It looks like its been there for 50 years, even though I am pretty sure its only a couple years old.

Da Andrea on 13th - some of the best Italian in the city, regardless of price. Homestyle cooking, try the tigelle and the papardelle with sweet sausage and truffle oil. I dream about the papardelle.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume that for a second date you want something that is not too over the top and reasonably priced, would suggest the following:
- dell'anima (if you can get a table), a little more fun and loud and less romantic
- emporio, not that romantic but reasonably priced, good and they usually have room
- zampa - this place kind of flies under the radar but good wine and small plates, cozy
- bianca
- po - wont be the most interesting but probably the most romantic
- apizz/peasant - same people, both romantic, both solid food

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
She is from Rye, and I am Paul Stuart's youngest SA ever

What happened to Flusser?

grmanny

Reaction score
crispo is great. dim lighting and great food.

osteria morinin is a good new one, too.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.