• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

crsin

Reaction score
Very sad to be missing this. Alas, just moved out of NYC. If anyone picks up any pieces that don't work for them (48 or 50) and would like to sell, please let me know...

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Debating the Tank pants in Black.

TTS?

If you bought these, are you still wearing them?

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely size up. I have a size 50 pair I’ve never worn cuz they’re way too slim.

Reactions: msg

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pattern wise I’d say they’re comparable to type 2 denim so too slim in the leg for me for the material.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are pretty true in the waist (size 50 measured right at 17”) and have the typical Geller long rise, but the taper is sharp and aggressive and the thick fabric makes them awkward to sit in unless you size up.

also, I finally got this from the sample sale with a lot of help from a friend and I’m super stoked. It’s basically sized down 2 from my typical Geller size so the sleeves and body are a bit short, especially at the back, but I can deal with it considering I would have otherwise missed out on this.

CBC5625D-CBDD-4B72-8010-6F217D02376F.jpeg

Last edited:

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm obsessed with this pattern, one of Gellers best. The repeat is crazy wide

crsin

Reaction score
Agree on sizing up on the Tanks. I actually have two pair that are too uncomfortable to wear unless I drop 10 pounds. Really thick, coarse wool with essentially no stretch/give. The little built in waist strap is also a pain to undo if you don’t have extra room. I would definitely still be wearing these in colder months if they fit.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proxied this from sample sale and it sadly did not fit. Brand new unworn sz 50 $220 shipped
Rather pass it on here and not groiled. Would also be open to trades for 52 jackets or 50 richard pants current season.

8lmQmoA.jpg

ln1aQbS.jpg

78ZCwVR.jpg

IZBbTwz.jpg

00017-Robert-Geller-Vogue-Menswear-SS19-pr.jpg

skw

Reaction score
Probably a long shot but if anyone has some bertrand trousers in 48 they want to sell let me know

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3W5A2206CMZ_625x937.jpg

Does anyone have this hoodie in 50 or 52 that they might want to sell? Mine just got stolen and it was a cherished one. Plz halp.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3W5A2206CMZ_625x937.jpg

Does anyone have this hoodie in 50 or 52 that they might want to sell? Mine just got stolen and it was a cherished one. Plz halp.

BlueAndCream (where you got the pic from) still has it in stock in those sizes, or is that more than you're willing to pay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads