• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

baklanyc

Reaction score
Curious if this is true. Vogue seemed to imply he was going to be gone for a year.
Away but not gone: he's still working and doing his collections. He'll be in next week for an event, as a matter of fact.

I think he should take a hiatus to reflect on his pricing strategy
He already has: the new collection for SS2020 has amazing pricing, esp compared to previous seasons, let alone to general designer pricing.

baklanyc

Reaction score
Sword Smith has a few things up too.

The Ssense buy is really good and I want more Richard stuff.
I have the Richard suit and its a great update. While the pants are similar to what he's always done with the Richards, the jacket is much more oversized with a dropped shoulder and looser proportions. This season's is a heavier weight as well.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Richard suit and its a great update. While the pants are similar to what he's always done with the Richards, the jacket is much more oversized with a dropped shoulder and looser proportions. This season's is a heavier weight as well.

I've had the suit on my radar. I take it the pants are TTS then? Any chance you'd be willing to post a fit? I'm generally a medium in casual pants (US32-33) and assume I'd take a 48.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks for stepping in @baklanyc
both things needed to be addressed but I didn't feel like I had full answers

@melonadejello oh whoops, didn't see that get clarified my bad

no problem, it was never clarified, maybe bad word choice on Vogue's part. I just thought something needed to be said, luckily someone more knowledgeable had something to say

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There’s an extra 30% off at blue and cream with SPLURGE
They haven’t stocked RG in a while and the more recent seasons don’t seem to be on sale. But there’s some steals of older season stuff if they have your size.
Richard jacket
Herringbone lounge (flight?) pants
Flannel

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You beat me to the post. I took advantage and finally pulled the trigger on the a few pieces; moment dyed pants, knit joggers, half jacket, moment long sleeve shirt. Got everything in my standard medium size so we'll see how they fit.

Update: I received all my items from East Dane and everything fits in my TTS. I think this collab knocked it out of the park. Suprisingly, I think I'll keep my whole haul. Have any of you who own pieces form the collab laundered your items yet? Curious your thoughts on durability.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've washed my stuff a bunch and it's been fine. Warm wash and dryer.
fwiw I have the dyed long sleeve, dyed joggers and swim shorts.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rooney has the suede trek sneakers in both colours.

I forgot if I posted before but just in case, Kith also has both colours (but last seasons seem to have been taken off the site)

And sword-smith has the grey/pink

And i forget who posted the Barton Perreira collab a while ago (@melonadejello ?) but these completely slipped under the radar for me. I thought they were coming out next year some time.
story: https://bartonperreira.com/pages/copy-of-collaboration-page-robert-geller
Sunglasses: https://bartonperreira.com/products/harald
Prescription: https://bartonperreira.com/products/harald-rx?variant=29533861642338

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've washed my stuff a bunch and it's been fine. Warm wash and dryer.
fwiw I have the dyed long sleeve, dyed joggers and swim shorts.
Rooney has the suede trek sneakers in both colours.

Great to hear and thanks for the reply. I take it no shrinkage either?

I forgot if I posted before but just in case, Kith also has both colours (but last seasons seem to have been taken off the site)

And sword-smith has the grey/pink

Thanks for posting. I'm actually intrigued by the latest collab sneakers in the black colorways. Do you know if they fit like standard CPs?Do you own a pair by chance?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No I don’t. I’ve tried the mainline trek runners and didn’t like the fit though. I got my usual 44 and they were too short, but I didn’t like them enough to try a 45.
I do really like this seasons suede RG ones though

baklanyc

Reaction score

baklanyc

Reaction score
I've had the suit on my radar. I take it the pants are TTS then? Any chance you'd be willing to post a fit? I'm generally a medium in casual pants (US32-33) and assume I'd take a 48.
Let me try and take a pic outdoors tomorrow. My mirror is crap for fits.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Machus also with the pinks:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Machus also with the pinks:

That's the colorway I have my eyes on. As an update on sizing, I was coordinating with Rooney Shop on sizing and the sales rep told me that the sizing runs the same as Achilles sizing. So sounds like sticking to your CP Achilles size is the way to go for these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads