• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the red dust long sleeve in store- imo it's definitely the best and most wearable piece in the collection. The jacket and pants were very ehhh to me (imo if you're looking for a lightweight parka you're better off getting one at uniqlo for a fraction of the price), and the running shorts don't have an internal net so that was a no-go from me. The store I went to didn't have the fishtail parka, so no comments on that. I tried on the nylon stretch joggers (same fabric as the shirt) and they're pretty skinny but very comfortable- I would definitely wear them running, and may consider a pair later.

Obligatory ****** mirror pic:
View attachment 1171749

I elected to size up to a medium, but I could've done a small for a different look as well. I usually wear a 46 in geller. I initially wanted the black one, but I really liked this color in person, so I may get both :thumbs-up:

Overall pretty cool collab- never though I'd buy anything lululemon. The employees were all pretty amazed that some dude came in just to check out the collab stuff, they were asking a bunch of Geller questions lol
Uh oh, I got the SS in a small, how does it look buttoned?

itsPronouncedSteven

Reaction score
Uh oh, I got the SS in a small, how does it look buttoned?

The medium fits just around my chest with a decently thick t shirt underneath. Going with the small would've made the fit more similar to the way it was styled in the promos, but I was going for a fit with a bit more room

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The medium fits just around my chest with a decently thick t shirt underneath. Going with the small would've made the fit more similar to the way it was styled in the promos, but I was going for a fit with a bit more room
This is not sounding good for me, I get the SS Tomorrow, I guess we’ll see

verver

Reaction score
Yes. Worried about geller sizing. Got both colorways of the jogger, and also the pants, in my usual lulu size M. Ordered online. I may have to size up.

itsPronouncedSteven

Reaction score
This is not sounding good for me, I get the SS Tomorrow, I guess we’ll see

Yes. Worried about geller sizing. Got both colorways of the jogger, and also the pants, in my usual lulu size M. Ordered online. I may have to size up.

you'll probably be fine- the main reason I sized up was for comfort, but my normal Geller size would have worked as well. Depends on what kind of fit you're going for

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caved in and got the dyed joggers online. Good thing they're lax with returns. We'll grab the other pants if this pans out

btylus

Reaction score
Went to the Lulu on Santa Monica here in LA to check out the collab and see what I was getting after ordering off MO. Definitely solid construction and really nice materials! I really like that there’s a lot of stretch added to the fabrics. The non-swim shorts are particularly nice and silky! The pictures don’t really do justice to the materials imo! That said, I’m excited to get my joggers and ttm ss! Hopefully I can add to that if I can get the extra cash.

On sizing; I don’t see any need to size up. Everything seemed to be tts.

The employee there said that the collection was selling well enough that he had to grab the rest of the stock in back and bring that to the floor. So hopefully he was truthful and not up selling because I’d like to see the collab continue. I think this collab really helps solidify Geller in the atheleisure segment which he boardered on with his mainline material selection anyway. This just put him over the top and positioned him perfectly! Unlike that five four collab which I thought was underwhelming and just not Gellers mo.

Furthermore, this was only the second time I was in a lululemon store. The first time was a few years ago before they started catering to men in any real way. I came away pretty impressed! Lulu definitely has a decent selection of athletic wear and had some pieces that left me seriously considering buying in the future. They had a stellar pair of board shorts that were pretty Gelleresque that ill be getting at some point.

Overall the collection is great! Top notch materials and construction with Geller mainline design for like a third of the price! If anyone is on the fence, do yourself a favor and grab something before its gone.

ghel

Reaction score
mens-ss19-swords-smith-robert-geller_25_1024x1024.jpg

Swordsmith got that new new colorway.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checking in to say the following Lulu pants came in and the sizing is TTS for American sizing. Materials, construction, and comfort blew me away. I will be buying more of this stuff.

I'm 6-0, 185 lb, and L fits me more or less as below. I wear 52 in everything mainline Geller.
LM5691S_039965_1

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DD023A84-92FC-4B5A-B52C-D9AB2BB17B2A.jpeg

Got the SS in from lululemon. This is a small. It’s an overall boxy fit, which you would expect. The fit is great. The material is like nothing I’ve ever felt, it’s very tech. It’s almost as if a waxy paper met windbreaker material, or probably a better description is a stretch ripstop. It’s very stretchy. I wish it didn’t have some of the tech stuff like the reflective(?) stripes or the hidden pockets with neon green zippers, but other than that is great. I’m impressed by how thin it is, yet the construction seems solid. Contemplating picking up the LS in grey now.

Last edited:

hobojones

Reaction score
Just walked to the lulu by my work, full display in the front didn't seem like anything was moving though. As always, I love Geller's color palette and the collection obviously has a lot of his signature dusty hues

As mentioned fabrics are all quite interesting. I found the t shirt in particular to be very nice with an interesting weave for the body with reflective hits and piping throughout. The hand on the joggers is also very tactile and moderately substantial.

That said, it all leans a little too much into athleisure for me. The item I was contemplating the most are the shorts but I can't pull off the 6 inch inseam lol. 8 inches would've been a cop from me.

Not sure how this will help Geller's brand though. He's hardly a household name and his stockists have really been dying out the past few seasons. It's like even if someone wanted to look at Geller's mainline they'd be hard pressed to find a stockist. It sucks cuz I've been a fan of Geller going on a decade.

Recently, I was in Portland and the dude at Machus told me that Geller still does really well for them which I'm happy about. I guess we'll just have to see whether stores will pick up Geller again.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the material for the Geller items different from usual Lulu?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried to take a better pic, but I untucked the shirt and it was all crumpled from tucking in. Shirt has pockets in the front, which makes tucking in a little strange, oh well. Here you guys go, and sorry for the wrinkles.
4BC2A952-FB6B-4B9E-BEDA-32909F168250.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads