• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shirt works much better with a thin layer underneath so I'll keep messing with it. Still never run into such an odd effect when it's against my skin!

Pattern is awesome, I missed this in product shots but circles are all slightly irregular as if hand painted. Construction is totally solid and I'd have no idea production changed if I hadn't been told.

Stealing Geller's Bomber on waist move,
View attachment 1358921

I bet the shirt and the pants and the jacket were all the same fabric then

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

these should be the same fabric right? It looks the same on my screen but one is labeled brown and other black.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to match in the product shot, I would email ssense and ask them to double check if they made a color name mistake.

hennree

Reaction score

these should be the same fabric right? It looks the same on my screen but one is labeled brown and other black.

I have these in the 'begula' colour (brown?) And they look an awful lot like those pictured on ssense - I wonder if they truly are black?

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i-img675x1200-1583896637npiufp468736.jpg

Last purchase for a while, green FW08 Himalaya jacket. Guess this is a sample because I've never seen the green colorway anywhere, didn't even know it existed in green. Had this is black, sold because I'm generally avoiding that color, and the quality was incredibly high.

itsPronouncedSteven

Reaction score
View attachment 1359790
Last purchase for a while, green FW08 Himalaya jacket. Guess this is a sample because I've never seen the green colorway anywhere, didn't even know it existed in green. Had this is black, sold because I'm generally avoiding that color, and the quality was incredibly high.

Was this the one on YJP?

Aha, not good. When was that?

Wearing Geller around the house in isolation :( Hope you guys are all good.

This was back right before the first lulu collab came out. A few weeks later I saw the new season on their site :rolleyes:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all the lulu collab **** is on sale at their site for some decent discounts. picked up the pants myself

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on travel pants sizing? Large jacket fit me perfect in store but didn't get to try the pants. Usually between a 34 and 36 in most things.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like this thread is long overdue for a come back, and very relevent thematically given what's going on in the world. Take some time to inventory and appreciate what you have, don't live for the next big purchase.

Here are some of the oldest things in my wardrobe that I've gotten the most use from. Doing this made me realize just how much they'd fallen into my day to day background and how deserving they were of some conscious appreciation.

Robert Geller - Spring 2013 Richard Knit

View attachment 1360577
I've talked about how much I love this piece several times over the last few years, so much so that this is my second one. My first one I had worn so many times even deep cleans couldn't save it. There's something satisfying about reaching the end of a garments usable life without it being caused prematurely by damage, stains, or loss. I've slept in these countless times, worn them on dozens of flights spanning Europe, Japan, and criss-crossing the US. Key elements for travel are the two button total (hardware sucks when traveling because at some point you will sit on/against them or get them caught up on something) plus the wrinkle proof material. 85% acrylic makes for a silky and comfy hand, key for wearing with short sleeve tops. The open weave means this hits the perfect warmth for wearing in air conditioning, or balling up in a bag incase the evening cools down. I'd probably pick up a third.

Robert Geller - Spring 2013 Pajama Shirt
View attachment 1360582
If you've seen one of my fits, odds are this was in the mix. The PJ shirt is oh so versatile, it's gone from being paired with terry house robes to a suit, I've worn it to bed and on stage. Silky 100% tencel, another travel staple, mended at the tailors four or five times over the years. This is a sample peice differing from production in that it has chest pockets, so far as I know I have the only one. I get a kick out of knowing I'll never run into someone wearing exactly the same thing.

Robert Geller - Spring 2010 Officer Jacket
View attachment 1360591
On paper a belted one button linen jacket might not seem like the most versatile, but this thing makes me feel so cool I make it work whenever possible. I haven't been drinking for about a year, but a drunken incident involving showing off and some monkey bars resulted in a torn armpit. Once upon a time Geller used to include a small fabric swatch with the outwear so patches could be done down the road. I took this to Self Edge in LA and gave them my swatch, never have to worry about repairs with self edge as the stuff always comes back looking better than new. Thanks @kiya, it's great having a place that not only fixes your favorite garments, but takes the time to make choices that means they come out looking like the main character's garment in a feature film. That's the closest comparison I can think of, the patch Self Edge put on my Geller flight pants makes them look straight out of a Sci Fi blockbuster in the best sort of way.

◈​
Curious to hear about the garments of the past couple years that other posters would never part with! I wanna see patches, sunfaded fabric, and one of kind garments, stuff I can't just go out and buy.

xpost from the contentedness thread I posted some of the Geller pieces that have been in my wardrobe the longest and seen the most wear.

It would be cool to hear about and see other folks Geller garments that have been worn into the ground, are one of a kind samples, or have some sentimental importance. Cheers

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found the SSense 20% off email, grabbed the 3 pocket jacket they copied over from GVA

View attachment 1357916

If any body else is looking at getting this jacket, round up on sizing, don't let the measurements fool you. If you're gonna base it on anything, let it be length.

I jumped on the 44 at SSense since most places don't have that size but I'm sending it back

Oldsrocket27

Reaction score

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have a 52 they want to sell in the cupro combo bomber, Thomas bomber, Raphael bomber, or the other strap closure bomber that came before the cupro combo?

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Selling a black cotton linen bomber in 48/50 (can't find tagged size). Normal signs of wear. See attached photos.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 47
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 85
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 95

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads