• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

HighGround

Reaction score
There's a ton of really good Geller on Mercari right now. If you're small, the prices are ridiculously low.

Also, I think I'm going to sell my Geller x American Rag CIE linen coat in a size 46. Color is a kind of purple-navy, and the fabric is fantastic. It has some wear on it, but nothing super noticeable. Figured I'd ask here before putting it on Grailed or anything. Asking $200, but that price is probably somewhat flexible. DM me if you're interested.

hennree

Reaction score
20200221_081003.jpg

Got these today - will post a better pic tomorrow if feeling cute

Login

Reaction score
Any stockists left in Japan?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how RG can be selling close to enough volume to keep a label running with just the stockists listed on his website (not counting the Lululemon stuff).
I don’t think he does it for the money.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1582912723361.png

Olive Oiled Coat Story,
Pre ordered this Fw17 oiled coat from NMWA after attending the runway show. I was pretty broke at the time so it was a big purchase. No stores picked the oiled version up and so far as I know Robert has the only other one besides the show samples. About a year after that I started taking a medication that was a complete mess and for some delightful reason a side effect was me selling a bunch of things I really loved. Got that nonsense sorted out and started feeling like myself again, at the same time I realized what I had done. I tracked down the guy I sold it to, and after a few weeks of negotiating its back in my possession. So all is right in my little corner of the world.

I debated between this coat and the shiny pants, luckily this past month I ran into one of the show samples.

I don't know how this show ranks with everyone else, but my back story makes it number one to me.

ghel

Reaction score
tbh @WBaker that's the best fit i've seen from you. Good ****, glad you're doing better.
btw, how do you tie that belt like that? i saw ssense did a loop to make it hang straight down instead of off to the side.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @ghel! There were a couple months there where I was posting fits that were so completely out of character. Hard to look back at. Nice to be myself again and comforting to know the things I wear reflect who l am inside.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ghel I actually had to ask during the last sample sale how to tie the Lukas belt. Figured I might as well post a quick pic set on how these classic Geller belts are meant to be done up:

1:
IMG_20200229_021626.jpg

2:
IMG_20200229_021642.jpg

3:
IMG_20200229_021723.jpg

4:
IMG_20200229_021737.jpg

5:
IMG_20200229_021931.jpg

The slant in the second slot keeps the belt from going straight up and down. I slide the "knot" to the left until it's up against a belt loop, as it doesn't look good to me centered.

baklanyc

Reaction score
View attachment 1345950
Olive Oiled Coat Story,
Pre ordered this Fw17 oiled coat from NMWA after attending the runway show. I was pretty broke at the time so it was a big purchase. No stores picked the oiled version up and so far as I know Robert has the only other one besides the show samples. About a year after that I started taking a medication that was a complete mess and for some delightful reason a side effect was me selling a bunch of things I really loved. Got that nonsense sorted out and started feeling like myself again, at the same time I realized what I had done. I tracked down the guy I sold it to, and after a few weeks of negotiating its back in my possession. So all is right in my little corner of the world.

I debated between this coat and the shiny pants, luckily this past month I ran into one of the show samples.

I don't know how this show ranks with everyone else, but my back story makes it number one to me.
Great story! I have this coat too, as well as the matching high-waisted pants in the same material. Be sure to store it hanging otherwise any wrinkles on the material could be permanent!

hennree

Reaction score
Some stuff up on MAAS & Stacks (what else are we missing?)

They have the dyed cotton coat and the dotted short-sleeved shirt;

RG_THEDYEDCOAT_7_1024x1024.jpg

I also got the t-shirt, travel pant & night shirt last week. T-shirt is quite short for anyone thinking of ordering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads