• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went to the store in late march while in New Orleans visiting a friend and they didn't have anything except the bleached crew neck and the grosgrain stripe pants, which I don't think were SS17

The grosgrain pants actually were SS17, the only other place I saw them was Curve/FarFetch though.
Regarding Fresh just put them up online though along with the camo pants for AW (although they are listed under John Elliott instead of RG.)
https://www.regardingfresh.com/product-page/robert-geller-the-camo-pants

baklanyc

Reaction score

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those Geller shots were a taken from East Dane (and many of the women's shots from its sister company Shopbop). I wonder what exactly these sites hope to gain? Credit card info for purchases they can never fulfill?

Similarly, that's what made me hesitant about ordering from https://curatedls.com/ - their descriptions for Geller denim were exactly that of NMWA. So I got a bit suspicious

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man that Lieutenant sweater is so good. I would love to know why the sweater sizing is always limited to S-L, I assume it's just a cost thing but they're never even offered in XS or XL. I'm really hoping that camo sweater fits huge so I can fit in one.

mcfly26

Reaction score
Everything is looking awesome, but how do you guys deal with all the oversized look hes going for? Just mimic the models? It'd be much better if I were taller. I dont know, things bought online, it can be tricky

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm 6'2"-6'3" so My favorite thing about the last few seasons is how everything has gotten more oversized. A few years ago there were only a handful of things I could even fit into, now I sometimes think about sizing down.

pl0nky

Reaction score
Yeah the new stuff really does look good! I didn't know there was going to be a dip dye hoodie now idk if I should get the hoodie or crewneck. hmm. The lieutenant sweater also looks really cool

ghel

Reaction score
That zipper belt is dope, too. I'll probably pick up both of the belts.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I'm def in for a zipper belt, the Raphael belt just wasn't long enough for me.
I like the belted shirt a lot too.
Right now I'm mostly just waiting on all the paisley and camo stuff, especially the cupro zip shirt and then the felted wool fishtail parka thing.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ssense has the combat sneakers. gonna hold off and wait and see if any other stores stock them to try and support small business or whatever. not completely sold on that photographer shirt color scheme for me though

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is everything on ssense so grey looking at it makes me sad

(definitely into the cotton/linen belted shirt and maybe into the big purple plaid long shirt)

mementomoriarty

Reaction score
got my hands on an aw17 sample sweater
600x399-2017081600098.jpg

still an aw15 sample sweater up on yahoo https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b270392434

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads