• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Did RG just start doing in between sizes this season, like 33? Last season's 32's were a bit too tight and 34 was a bit big in the waist.

Yes, in the RG Denim program they added size 31 and 33

Reactions: 13k

ghel

Reaction score
Can anyone see the farfetch private sale? Any idea if any RG is on sale there? I can't see it. :uhoh:

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll get a lot of help on this one...has anybody washed/soaked a Geller leather jacket? I picked up a 2010 leather secondhand, and was thinking about it. As all Geller leathers, it is SUPER soft (lambskin), and all the care tags basically seem to say that if it touches water, it'll disintegrate.

I remember an article from former Geller employee Peter about giving a Geller jacket a bath (<article)
and guys on SZ washing their Rick lamb jackets. I was just thinking of deodorizing/sanitizing the inside and then cold soaking it.

Anyway...any experience? I guess I can just spend $60 on a professional cleaner, but I thought I'd ask first (also, I'm cheap)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't help but I'm curious why you want to wash it? Just to clean it because it's second hand?

In other news, WIWT below
Breezy Pierre shirt
Casper pants

IMG_1337.JPG

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help but I'm curious why you want to wash it? Just to clean it because it's second hand?

It's not the outside leather I'm worried about (I mean, it's not 100% clean but I can deal with it) but the inside. I don't know what slob monster wore it before me. My plan was to deodorize the inside with white vinegar, and soak it to get rid of the smell. And if the soak got rid of some of the outside dirt, it's a bonus.

I checked one dry cleaning place and they said the inside and outside were a package deal, so basically I would be paying for the whole enchilada when I just want the inside cleaned.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll get a lot of help on this one...has anybody washed/soaked a Geller leather jacket? I picked up a 2010 leather secondhand, and was thinking about it. As all Geller leathers, it is SUPER soft (lambskin), and all the care tags basically seem to say that if it touches water, it'll disintegrate.

I remember an article from former Geller employee Peter about giving a Geller jacket a bath (<article)
and guys on SZ washing their Rick lamb jackets. I was just thinking of deodorizing/sanitizing the inside and then cold soaking it.

Anyway...any experience? I guess I can just spend $60 on a professional cleaner, but I thought I'd ask first (also, I'm cheap)

I've done it...4 times

3 of them were AW13 Fritzs, one in a different version and the other 2 were different sizes and hot wash vs cold.
They didn't shrink hardly at all unless washed and dried hot.

The other one was the V neck from SS14 in a really thin leather and it shrunk significantly and dried up a lot so I had to grease it up afterwards. That was just a soak

So if it fits you now I wouldn't recommend risking it

Irenarch

Reaction score
Got my Immigrant tee today (up in Canada). Never received any tracking info, but they marked the package as a low-value gift which is neat. Glad I didn't take the advice of sizing up -- I'm a size 48 EU and got a Medium -- as it fits pretty relaxed on me.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on this season's type 2 denim (particularly the slate)? Safe to go TTS? The shops I've seen post measurements are all drastically different from each other.

ghel

Reaction score
Massimo is back on barneyswarehouse in 46, 50. Not at the $187 price though :p

ghel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on this season's type 2 denim (particularly the slate)? Safe to go TTS? The shops I've seen post measurements are all drastically different from each other.
I would try them on first, I wouldn't chance it. Try to order somewhere that offers free returns or pay thru PayPal for free returns.

If it helps at all, my SS17 RG01 size 30 black/slate were close to the same size in the waist (~16-16.25".) However, my SS16 RG02 size 30 jeans varied in size in the waist (.25 - .5 inch margin.)

Last edited:

zhouyu

Reaction score
46, and 48 Richard jacket and shorts at deep discounts on revolve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads