1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

They look nice and simplistic., but that price is insane. I'd rather buy a pair of Zonkey Boots in nice leather like this for the same

[​IMG]

Or a pair of Enzo. If you are set on suede, I know both used to make it in a sand , but I can't find it on their sites anymore.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How are these an alternative to the Common Robbie chelsea though? They are both boots, that's about it.

1 person likes this.
  4. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

You mean from their new basics program?

5. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

To my eyes, the defining feature of a Chelsea is the elastic. For me, the boot is a cross between a Proper Chelsea and a Jodh without ornamentation. Again for me, the visually appealing part is the lack of elastic accentuating the natural lines of the boot. For that, I think a jodh is more appropriate than a Chelsea proper.

Btw,, there is actually a fit pic of someone wearing them on reddit's male fashion sub.

6. OccultaVexillum

Right, I get that. The Geller's are Chelsea by name only. I'm just saying I don't see much similarity between the boots you posted and the Geller's, and definitely not enough for them to be alternatives.
    You are comparing a very sleek side zip boot with a low profile, slightly pointed toe to a harness boot with a much taller rounded/square toe and what looks to be a more substantial heel.
    There are definitely alternatives to the Geller's (off the top, APC, Gucci, Paul Smith all have something similar) but those aren't it

7. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

Mm. Fair enough

8. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea the basics program just came out/restocked this month but they had other tees. Wondering if people could attest to the quality.

9. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I've been to their store multiple times and have tried on some of their tees. They're more oversized. I found the fit ridiculously long. In the beginning, they were super soft and really nice and gradually have become less nice. I can't attest to their newest releases with the basic program. I'd give it a try for yourself if you're interested, but from my experience, if you're more into the Geller silhouettes, you're not gonna like them. I'd recommend them more for a Daniel Patrick "nomadic" (sp?)/FOG/ hype boy customer

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks @wurlwyde. Yea I saw their tees were all super long before off the measurements but it looks like the new basics bar shortened the length for the tees that are not e-long. They're still a bit on the longer side but not ridiculously so.

I was hoping these would be a cheaper alternative to John Elliott. How would you compare the fabric? At less than half the price I figured it might be worth a shot

11. catman3

catman3 New Member

Long time lurker here, finally decided to make an account.

Anyone know if any stores are stocking 5 year fades or are they only for SS? Haven't seen anyone besides maas stock any denim in general this season and they only have black.

12. OccultaVexillum

13. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

The fabric doesn't compare to john Elliott (on the old ones). It's 100% cotton and nowhere near the hand. If you want a tee like that, check https://uniformla.com

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  14. OccultaVexillum

Do any of the Chicago guys know if RSVP has stopped carrying Geller, or if it's in-store only now?

15. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

What sz are you? I have a brand new pair in sz 32 that I got from Ecole if you're interested, they were too small for me.

https://ecole.me/products/5-year-fade-pant

16. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

14 people like this.
  17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

18. catman3

catman3 New Member

Thanks for the find on the 5 years! I'll be in Chicago on Friday and plan to stop at Notre and RSVP so If you haven't gotten an answer I'll find out.

19. Zipster1

Zipster1 Senior member

goes pretty well with light blue, but it doesnt go well with black or dark colours,,,,,,,,,,

20. Meis

Meis Senior member

Disagree...I've worn mine with darker colored jeans as well.