Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Honestly, I think the percentage is still low for those of whom who will actually buy the more 'runway' pieces. I think a good majority of men don't necessarily go to Geller for 'fashion-y' pieces, they go to him for interesting, well designed basics.
    I do agree with Noctone about the pre-sales. It could be a good way for both the designer, retailer, and customer to benefit.

Also, I would not be surprised if stores are still waiting for 1 or 2 more shipments from Geller. He's not always known for early shipments.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I was told that there were some delays from the factory, indeed.

Also Blackbird's next shipment is shortsleeve sweatshirts, tanks and shorts in the next week or two.
    To pre-empt the question, it's the Joseph tank, don't know if its mesh or what, but its navy

3. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Yeah, at least from what I was able to glean from Blackbird's blog archives, final shipments typically didn't get in until mid to late March in years past.

e: On an unrelated note, I just noticed on the Aloha Rag blog that their NY location has, at the very least, the mesh scarves available in store.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that Geller really has that many pieces that are so out there they would make someone uncomfortable. Somebody who buys Geller or shops at these stores probably doesn't have the same opinion as a "majority of men" and appreciates nicer clothing and design. The only items this season that really stand out to me as pieces that would make many feel uncomfortable are the mesh and that huge sleeveless hooded sweatshirt. Obviously not all of the buys have come in yet so we'll have to wait and see what other stores stock, but I really don't think items like that double breasted zipped jacket are too out there. I mean, there is a market for Rick, Ann, Julius, BBS, MA+, Raf, etc. Why are Geller's more original pieces so scary that places won't stock them?

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Geller stuff outrageously cheap on myhabit right now.

7. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

don't see any geller...maybe as I'm outside USA...

8. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

same here....

9. Nil

Nil Senior member

Picked up charcoal longsleeve Manfred and the sand 3/4 sleeve one. They may be too tight, but for $35 each and returns, I'm willing to roll the dice.

And for those having problems finding it, it's: http://www.myhabit.com/homepage#page=b&dept=men&sale=A14TA6ZAC7VHNS&ref=qd_g_hero_b at about the middle of the page. Not much there, just stuff that didn't sell last time.

10. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Oh I agree that there is or should be a market for it. I just think he's still growing as a designer and as a company so most stores aren't willing to take that big of a risk on him yet. I mean, Barneys just starting stocking him the previous season (bout time to be honest!) and if anyone's going to push his designs, it's most likely going to be them. My thought is just that the standard male who shops at say, Blackbird or Bird in BK, or Stel's, well they're maybe not the customer who is at the forefront of fashion (Blackbird has come a long way but, well, they are still based in Seattle) or who want's to take as many risks. I think a lot of these retailers would love to sell the more interesting pieces. But it's one thing to stock them and sell through and another to stock them and have a bunch of mesh t-shirts and slim leather pants hanging around come sale time.
    With that said, I want to see more of Geller's clothes out there, I think he deserves more recognition than he gets, even now. Barneys should be making a more comprehensive buy for his line and drop some of the Rag and Bone pieces that are basically just rehashes from previous seasons. But ah well...Hopefully more will come.

11. Meis

Meis Senior member

You should be fine if you went TTS. I have both and they fit really slim in the sleeves but a tad more relaxed in the body. Also, IRL the sand color isn't as white as it looks in the myhabit pics.

12. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG]

I hate this book

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Do the sleeves loosen up some or are they constricting at all? Do you think sizing up would throw the fit off completely or get a nice relaxed fit?

14. stick

stick Senior member

Add negatives to your saved search.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I was hoping a US stockist would pick that shirt up as I was drawn to it from the runway pics. Probably unlikely though as what everyone is saying about stores not picking up the stand out pieces or making what we on SF feel are good buys is true from what I see too. I was at least expecting Blackbird to come through with nicer buys, but I'm not that impressed by theirs either. The other piece I really like is the Geo Shirt, but some bastard already snatched my size from Odin and I'm not touching Nomad as their shipping is rape status. If more US stores don't pick that shirt up, I lose all hope.