• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
The weird thing is that they carried 44/xs last season. Sigh. At least there isn't anything in particular that interests me as of yet.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's because they still have all the 44s they bought last season
Which is, ultimately, because their buy sucked, not because of lack of demand for 44s

PS: Hey somebody in Canada go see what Nomad got in their second shipment

Last edited:

zhouyu

Reaction score
no cropped pants? and/or

00210mx.jpg

Aeneas

Reaction score
IMO,
That is a very cool shirt. (kind of want)

kubrick555

Reaction score

Maybe it's because they still have all the 44s they bought last season
Which is, ultimately, because their buy sucked, not because of lack of demand for 44s
PS: Hey somebody in Canada go see what Nomad got in their second shipment

Nomad got:
- two different plaid 3/4 shirt button downs
- Andreas shirt in 3 different colours
- a hoodie (just a plainish one)
- flight pants in black
- trousers of some sort, didn't look closely

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. Is it so hard to just buy three good pieces?

^I think Ervell did it right. A online store is a better option. The Cloak store was great but if online shops were more commonplace that would been a better choice.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's all jeans, button-ups, sweatshirts... I was really hoping to see some of the trousers with fuller cuts. It sucks how he makes a point of doing cool mixes of tailoring and sportswear on the runway and then all you see in stores are the least interesting pieces of sportswear.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder when some of these retailers are going to clue in to how much they could help their businesses by utilizing social web media (forums, twitter, facebook, tumblr, etc.) to inform their buys.

I also don't understand why more retailers don't have pre-ordering systems. Why go through all the bullshit of relying solely on buying pieces that may or may not sell when you can supplement that with just asking consumers directly what they want? Everyone wins - consumers gets exactly what they want, retailers gets guaranteed sales.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So continues the trend of an awesome runway and terrible buys. Somebody hook it up with dope Japanese stores with all the good stuffs please

Dope Japanese stores would never stock sizes for our giant Western selves. Melon and Desi would be in heaven though.

Last edited:

kubrick555

Reaction score

Dope Japanese stores would never stock sizes for our giant Western selves. Melon and Desi would be in heaven though.

The one retailer who could actually fix this crappy buy issue is alwaysnevernyc....run by Joseph Keefer, a design assistant with Geller. But I have zero faith in that happening.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When Peter originally ran the store he had dope Geller buys. Though his later buy lacked sizes.

I talked to Joey and B-roll after the Geller show about the store. Only hinted at things like later collections and more archival gear. B-roll is a 44 though so small sizes are likely.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would think these conservative buys go back to that Geller interview during which he mentioned that some of their most creative collections have been their worst selling. It looks like most boutiques are basing their buys on the assumption (accurate or not) that most guys will ultimately play it safe and go for the jeans and button-front shirts.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

It looks like most boutiques are basing their buys on the assumption (accurate or not) that most guys will ultimately play it safe and go for the jeans and button-front shirts.

I understand this line of thinking, but I don't personally buy geller in order to "play it safe," and I don't think most here do either. This may work for the occasional walk in customer, but not for the fans you can attract through online sales even if they aren't local. It reminds me of a conversation I once had with a store owner once who was complaining about how drkshdw wasn't selling very well at his location, but the only items he picked up were hoodies and shorts. I'm sorry, but I don't go to drkshdw for hoodies, but for interesting denim and jackets. I'll also never understand how these places don't pick up on the constant complaints about not stocking 44s.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads