1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mementomoriarty

mementomoriarty Senior member

Nomad has their first delivery now on-line. So another store with the onsie (sorry melo, only 46, 48, 50), and they also have a belt, leather jacket, and cargos.

2. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Pleasantly surprised by the amount of onsies retailers picked up, even if each store probably only have a few of each size.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Ordered the cargos
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

5. OccultaVexillum

After trying that baracuda I fell in love with the farbric. So yeah, for real.

6. Ragechester

Ragechester Senior member

Hahahah fair enough dude its real. I like the zipper placement on the HL pants better but haven't felt either in person. Never really been dissapointed with the new HL fabrics or construction despite the made in china label, as long as it's not at retail prices at least.

7. OccultaVexillum

On another note. Meyvn has the black side zips up now: http://meyvnshop.com/brands/robert-...mmon-projects-suede-leather-chelsea-boot.html
    They must have already sold out of 45's though.
    So I've settled on the black pair but have no idea on sizing really. I'm a perfect 44 in bballs and tournaments but most other CP's I'm between 44 and 45; 44's too snug, 45's too long (achilles, derby shines, cadet derby). I'm assuming the shape of these would be similar to the derby rather than a sneaker like the bball/tournament. But they are also a suede that looks pretty unstructured in the toe so I'm assuming they would have a better chance of stretch. Shit, I wish Nomad would've picked them up and I would have legitimately made the 5 hour drive to try them on and cop.

8. Francks

Francks Senior member

Your normal true size is 45?

9. Francks

Francks Senior member

Thanks! good to know some stock will arrive. I'm not in the us so japan or the states doesn't really matter but even from the japanese stockists I can't find them. The only place where I saw the brick bomber (that I'm looking for in black) was seven store

10. OccultaVexillum

I guess so. 12 brannock, 12 nike, 11.5 vans, 11 trickers.

11. Francks

Francks Senior member

Ok so if you say 44 in CP achilles are too snug I imagine that foot wise you're more on the wider side.

For chelsea boots, regardless of the brand, I've always taken lower sizes than what I am. Because of the shape of the toe and construction there is no part than can really "block" your foot imo.

I assume I'm a (small?) 42.5, 8.5UK so that I can go down to a 42 for shoes vs sneakers especially since my preferences go to rounder, wider shapes.

42 in CPs (achilles, track), 42 in all Ann D (sneakers + derby) except a pair of double side zips which is a 41, 42 in Rick ramones, 8UK in C&J 325 last, 8US D in alden ptb boots on a trubalance last (I should be a 8.5US according the "rule" but the last is quite large and my feet not especially long), 8.5uk in nike and 9uk in adidas stan smith (might be able to go half a size down for these)

now back to what might help you: I had tried a pair in the past, though not exactly the same and the 42 was confortable, I could have gone down half a size for sure maybe 1 but not sure at it was a quick try on and after a long day abroad.

12. OccultaVexillum

Thanks man. I emailed ssense to see if they can put them in their retail store, I've always wanted to go to MTL anyway and it's about a 5 hour drive.
    My gut says get the 45 and worst case scenario I put in an insole and wear thick socks, but at the same time if they fit bballs then a 44 is perfect and no amount of socks would make a 45 fit well. If I had a cc I would just order both.

13. OccultaVexillum

Talked to the Meyvn guys about the side zips, they are incredibly helpful fwiw. Dude told me they are getting the varsities with the next delivery (was it @Dbear looking for those or somebody else?).

14. Desi

Desi Senior member

I kind of like the pocket placement on the HL's better. Wasn't a fan of the fabrics Plokhov used for the first season though so I never revisited the brand.

15. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

You laugh, but a quick glance at some basic numbers for cart abandonment shows that shipping costs are really, really important to people

[​IMG]

(I can't vouch for the credibility of this specific graphic but it says they got the figures from UPS)

1 person likes this.
  16. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Damn the onesie sold out in 48 and 50 on Frances May already. Anyone here cop it yet?

17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

18. OccultaVexillum

Crazy, I can understand it if you're buying a $15 item like socks or something and then shipping effectively doubles the price, or if you're ordering a ton of stuff internationally and have to pay shipping based on weight or something. But in terms of standard shipping on clothing being $10-$20 then It's pretty crazy.

19. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

for me shipping + CAD exchange rate are the main things that make me get off the boat since that can boost the price 30-50% which is enough to make me want to rethink my life. or if the website ships with UPS since UPS are jerks about duties

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  20. Bacahanel

Bacahanel Member

Onesie is still available in size 50 with Forward and also Revolve. Such a brilliant piece. Considering it myself.