• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the FW08 Himalaya vests fit? Just grabbed the one on Yahoo for $50, but I remember that season running tiny to begin with. Wife gets if it doesn't fit me, I guess

Melbush

Reaction score
Small. I wear 44 in Geller and the vest is too tight

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool, should be a good fit for her, then, thanks

You usually wear a 46 in Geller right? That vest in 44 fits over a Geller jacket in 44 just fine, so I guess it depends on what you wanted to do with it.

Small. I wear 44 in Geller and the vest is too tight 

I'm surprised to hear that, I'm sure it's bigger than the leather isn't it? Or do you mean, it's too tight over a jacket rather than say, a sweater?
Like I said it layered great for me, but I'm a true 44

Melbush

Reaction score
I feel it's actually tighter than the leather jacket. I tried the vest over some knitwear and I can only wear it if I hold my breath. The leather jacket fits just perfectly. I may just have a weird body/chest

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on or picked up the random dot shirt from this season and can comment on the sizing? Pictures look TTS but the dimensions I recall seeing makes me think it runs big...thanks in advance

kubrick555

Reaction score

Has anyone tried on or picked up the random dot shirt from this season and can comment on the sizing? Pictures look TTS but the dimensions I recall seeing makes me think it runs big...thanks in advance

I sized up from a 46 to a 48. Length was too short on the 46. Both would've worked chest wise though, not a huge difference.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.kth.se/en/aktuellt/nyheter/tra-kan-ersatta-bomull-och-glasfiber-1.481498

Is this what the Tencel bomber is made out of?? haha

The technique draws on the cellulose fibres that make up a tree. Each single fibre is composed of as many as 40 million smaller fibres, or “fibrils”. While these fibrils have been separated from each other before, the KTH researchers and their collaborators in Germany succeeded in doing what no one else has. Fredrik Lundell, one of the researchers, says the team bound these fibrils together into filaments as strong as the original fibre in the tree. The filaments offer a wide range of uses, from manufacturing to clothing.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Himalaya Vest works fantastic as a women's piece, much better than one ever looked on me:

Melbush

Reaction score
Not bad. If I can't sell mine by mid-october I guess I'll just give it to my gf as her birthday gift :D (you got it for 50$, seriously?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads