• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

monochromic

Reaction score

Other than what was mentioned, I remember seeing A LOT of Geller at Cave Osaka, in case you are on that part of the country. Although Geller isn't popping up on their website so maybe they dropped him

cheers guys! will definitely check these out.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

Just noticed the black skinny jean at Totokaelo has the origin listed as Peoples Republic of China. I know various items have been made there in the past and that the quality is usually up to par but I still hope it's not going to become a more common occurrence.

Pretty sure all knits (except dip-dyes) are now MIC as well. From what I've handled quality still seems fine though.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are there pic/details of the other colorway cross dyed sweatshirt aside from that twitpic from nomad? can't tell much from that. on sale anywhere yet?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried on a neoprene shirt at barneys today. i imagine one would be sweating balls wearing that thing.

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score

Pretty sure all knits (except dip-dyes) are now MIC as well. From what I've handled quality still seems fine though.

Totokaelo made a mistake. (I went and checked it out in person today)
They're all made in Japan - except the two leathers are made in Korea.

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

Good to know. Still, knits are MIC now. Note on acrimony, etc., that they don't list the country of origin. I also recently received a knit that I ordered from Japan that is MIC.

xdarrellx

Reaction score

Good to know. Still, knits are MIC now. Note on acrimony, etc., that they don't list the country of origin. I also recently received a knit that I ordered from Japan that is MIC.

Thanks for the info. Which knit did you purchase? As a consumer I want this info to be readily available because, even though it's not necessarily a deal breaker, it definitely plays a role in my purchasing decisions.

Last edited:

bwahahahaha

Reaction score

Thanks for the info. Which knit did you purchase? As a consumer I want this info to be readily available because, even though it's not necessarily a deal breaker, it definitely plays a role in my purchasing decisions.

No problem. This one, but the dark green variant.

Last edited:

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the dinner jacket a worthwhile pickup at 126$ or should i hold out for a zip blazer? I heard these run slim, is it short in the sleeves/length as well, or just slim?
Im a 52 usually.

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the dinner jacket, that price is outrageous.

I don't know about sizing though, I've only tried on the 08 one, but that was definitely short in the sleeves

jibak

Reaction score
Dat SF effect?

I find the zipper adornment on the back collar somewhat gimmicky tho

Funny how im prevented from copping certain geller pieces atm because now i know even better versions are forthcoming.

arnoldpettibone

Reaction score

Is the dinner jacket a worthwhile pickup at 126$ or should i hold out for a zip blazer? I heard these run slim, is it short in the sleeves/length as well, or just slim?
Im a 52 usually.
The one pictured does run slim and I recall was in general an odd fit. I'm normally a 46 which was too small and the 48 didn't work either. The linen material is relatively stiff. Honestly even at that price wouldn't recommend unless it's returnable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads