• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

_inwonderland

Reaction score
Damn...is that a lace cuff coat in 44?! :drool:

Yeah, the red mesh tank would've been great. Not sure if I like the SS14 style of mesh tanks...

Just curious, don't you guys sweat with all those layers on? I'm sweating just looking at some of those pictures!

oi8api

Reaction score
Do you guys not feel like Geller has been consistently inferior with regards to fabric and quality when it comes to his contemporaries such as Tim Coppens.
Think this is a conscious decision?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we'll be starting our presale program a season late. We just couldn't figure out the logistics for SS14, but we'll be working hard in the interim.

We will be stocking a micro-selection of Robert Geller things for the upcoming season, just a few pieces in "normal" size runs. Right now, I'm going to be picking up:

1) The 3/4 sleeve trucker jacket in Grey
2) The tencel flight pants in khaki
3) The tencel bomber (with the straps, that you saw on the runway show) in black.

and I was thinking about picking up the zipper blazer, in black. It also comes in khaki. Is there any preference for one color over another? Is there another item that you guys would like to see instead of the zipper blazer?

And does anyone need any particular size in any of these items. We are not preselling, but if you want any of this in a particular size, please email me at [email protected], and I'll try to make sure that we stock your size.

I am finalizing the order over the weekend, so if you want something

Cheers,

Fok.

Curious, any ETA for this stuff coming in and will the pricing just be standard retail? Stockists are just now receiving first shipments of S/S 14.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys not feel like Geller has been consistently inferior with regards to fabric and quality when it comes to his contemporaries such as Tim Coppens.
Think this is a conscious decision?

No. The fabric on all the geller stuff I've had has been quite good. Also coppen's stuff isn't really a good comparison as it's substantially more expensive.

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score
Sup?

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best lunchtime reading in a while. I read through it slowly, making sure not to scroll too much bc I knew there would be pictures...

...and my god, are there pictures...after pictures...and more pictures...and then more pictures...!
bounce2.gif
knew artishard would not let us down

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Best lunchtime reading in a while.  I read through it slowly, making sure not to scroll too much bc I knew there would be pictures...

...and my god, are there pictures...after pictures...and more pictures...and then more pictures...! :bounce2:  knew artishard would not let us down

it was a really fun time. we had maybe ten minutes to shoot between buying appointments, and robert and I were running around grabbing pieces for art to shoot. most of the pieces are ones he picked personally.

the long coat with the funnel neck jacket is his favorite piece in the collection!

variegate

Reaction score
It's interesting how the pieces look so different when not paired with the soldier cap.

(For me - they're harder to judge with the hat, the in person pics are way easier to parse)

The outerwear has a crazy duality to it - two types of jackets/coats merged into one.
Nylon parka merged with wool overcoat merged with leather jacket.

It's like Matrix Geller.
Even single pieces look layered!

Last edited:

kubrick555

Reaction score
Definitely a sick collection.

The outerwear is the real standout for me. And that iteration of the zipper blazer could potentially be the best.

Not into the neoprene though - it's pricey too, so I can't see many stockists purchasing.

I like the CP track shoes too, but they would have to reach deep discount for me to cop.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zip blazer must kop of course, fabric looks great, and new harrington style side pockets, makes it look cozy, perfect for fall.
Blue and gold CP track shoes are a must have...mostly b/c of school colors
shog[1].gif
...hopefully they'll reach pretty deep discounts if they get carried somewhere.
Definitely getting some knits and sweaters, just won't know until handled...and what gets bought...
Denim dinner jacket thing looks interesting too...
Fritz moto makes a comeback...doesn't look like they changed anything with it, but I could be wrong
Navy wool 4 pocket jacket looks like a staple, but a little boring...
...compared to that high neck fur fishtail tailored jacket thing, which is a standout.

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score
My sight unseen kop-list:

'Sparkle" tee (edge of the planet glow shirt from the BTS shots)
Petroleum Tank
Cuffed Dressy Lounge pant
Geometric Tank
Zip Blazer (BLACCCKKK)
Richard
Fine Knit sweater (shown in the SF review)
Plaid LS shirt
Conductor wool coat

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Furry Overcoat
Plaid tall button-up
Chelsea
Roll-neck sweater with the red graphic
Light slash tee (good pic on Interview)
Wool Vest
Belt
Chunky trousers

But this is all California dreaming on my behalf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads