1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. APK

APK Senior member

Sleeves were a touch long on mine (CHECK THE SIG!!!), but not bad considering I apparently have T-Rex arms and most jackets and coats usually have sleeves that are at least a little too long for me.

2. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

That ish drives me crazy, how they mark everything up over retail?!? They have some dope stuff too, but there's no way to justify buying from them at those prices plus tax when you could mail order from someone else.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can someone tell me the names of those pieces and if they are available yet? This is the latest spring show 5 months ago, is the first one variation of the Richard and the second a variation of the zip blazer? Where can I find these?

Many thanks

4. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

There are bigger photos here
    http://hommemodel.blogspot.com/2014/09/runway-robert-geller-ss15.html?m=1

It's probably safe to assume the first one is a richard, but it's never really been made in a color or texture like that. There's black, navy, and grey this season in a wool blend

That black blazer has a button on it and a hidden placket, that's new

Hard to tell much of what's going on with the zippers and snaps on the third one but it's definitely new too

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. needhelp123

Many thanks, these are available in the next 2 months right? Where would they be i'm not too experienced with this. I can probably live without the first blazer but i really want the 2nd one and maybe the 3rd one if i can see how it looks like.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Mmm nah, maybe February, maybe April

I would not count on the hidden placket blazer being produced, and it's anyone's guess as to which jackets will be available. Usually the more plain ones so probably not that one but maybe :shrug: good luck

7. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

pretty sure the second jacket is the Dominik jacket, named after our own @novaliss

1 person likes this.
  8. needhelp123

Why do they show something that they won't make for sale?

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

If stores don't order it, they won't make it.

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Plus runway shows give designers a chance to try some different things and involve somewhat of a "spectacle" and narrative.
    A lot of runway stuff doesn't make it to production and a lot of the time it was never intended to.

On another note I just paid $125 off on my long chambray pre-order for spring/summer and it's only just over half paid for including the 1/3 deposit.

11. needhelp123

Oh im kinda new to this, so only a few select items actually get released and how about all the stuff that gets released on Mrporter or ssense every week? They are not runway stuff just random?

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

No I don't mean it like that. Mr Porter orders shit and then staggers their releases anyway.
    But generally (and I could be wrong in many cases) a designer will produce a seasons worth of stuff and then when it comes time to take orders for those pieces there might not be enough demand to warrant full production, so they just have samples (that they still might put in their shows/lookbooks).
    Or they make a collection and then start looking at fashion week or whatever and they might make a few pieces to solidify the theme or "fill in" holes for their runway show even though they have no plans of producing those pieces.
    The other aspect is that most labels are about 2 years in front design-wise (they are likely designing clothes for FW 2016 right now).

13. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

14. jibak

jibak Senior member

That that first season good good

15. novaliss

novaliss Well-Known Member

sorry for the late reply on this...
    1st jacket is the Richard jacket
    2nd is the Dominik jacket (thanks for the shoutout @keanswon)
    3rd jacket is the tape bomber (from the same group as the parka this collection)

everything is designed, then samples are made, and then stores come in and place orders, then the show happens, then stores get the pieces and you can buy them. Not everything in the show gets produced, as @OccultaVexillum pointed out, and not everything that is made is in the show.
    each following collection is usually designed before the current show even happens (ie. we were mostly done with aw15 even before we did the ss15 show)

16. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Yahoo auction newb here, do you guys use buyee to order of Y! auctions?

17. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

18. jibak

jibak Senior member

19. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

20. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Alright, who sniped me on that padded N-3 bomber in a 48 off Yahoo Japan? I know it fits oversized, but I wanted it to layer this winter...ugh