Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. max-t

max-t Senior member

great shirt, i'm 5'8 140, and def had to go with a 48 and it fits perfect. though i'm forever smedium and am a 46 as often as i am a 48. i know this isn't very helpful :/

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

2. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Sizing up was the right call for Seconds stuff. And the bordeaux hoodie is a keeper [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

3. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I guess it depends on how you want to wear it, but it looks big.

4. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Nah, definitely feels right to me. The terry is slouchier than a typical hoodie I guess.

Zipped:
    [​IMG]

5. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

I don't think it looks big. Looks really good on you hood. Maybe just a tad long in the arms, but w/e the stacking is cool

6. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

That's a good fit. It's lounge wear and a hoodie, shouldn't be too fitted.

7. variegate

variegate Senior member

yeah, I think it looks great.
    I find the Seconds hoodies to feel slightly short on me - but I have a long torso.
    Might also be the lack of dual zips.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Possible, definitely!

Cheers,

Fok.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Got my order in from East Dane. I ordered a variety of things in different sizes.

Sizing
    Well, there is no easy answer as it depends...I usually like it when I can be the same size across the board, but it's not the case with these seconds. I'm a 48 in all things Geller this season.

Short sleeve shirts
    Definitely size up. The medium was very short. It was perfectly fitted, and pretty tight and I like my Tees a little longer. Kept the large and bought more. I really like the shirts, and wouldn't wear them by themselves (two tone would be weird), but it's good under a jacket or should I say...a zip blazer?

Long sleeve henleys
    The medium was longer and a bit looser overall, sleeves were long too, keeping the medium and buying more. I was skeptical of the raw neck line, but it really makes it fit differently (in a good way). My only concern is that the way it's made...it may not be very durable.

Hoodie
    This is where it gets odd. I would advise to stay TTS or even size down (???). I guess it really depends on how you like your hoodie to fit. The medium was pretty loose in the body and the neck opening was pretty big. Compared to the barneys x geller hoodie (i have in an S), it's definitely much lighter and not as well made. The seams are taped on the barneys one, and it's not on this one. The fabric is fairly thin and quite stretchy. Returning it.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

10. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

can anyone with the sepia jeans common on stretching? worried they'll end up as skinny jeans on me, but if they can stretch I'd wear them soaked and problem solved

11. saywordsahn

saywordsahn Well-Known Member

I can say that they won't stretch much in the sense that raw denim stretches... How they fit when you try them on will be how they fit after many wears. I don't know about washing them though.

12. variegate

variegate Senior member

In my opinion, the Sepia jeans are less stretchy than the previous iterations.
    They do still contain 5% stretch, but the structure of the fabric is different, so they aren'y quite the same.

Previous versions were made of material that had a bit more stretch and the material was denser and layered.
    Kinda like it had several layers of material and each layer was stretchy, but this current iteration is only one layer - so once you hit the stretch point, it's like a hard stop.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Is that a Seconds tank underneath hoodyear? Fit on the hoodie looks good. I ended up ordering the hoodie and sweatpants TTS, hoping it works out.

14. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

thanks. sepia jeans probably too slim for me then. love the color

15. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Yes, also a medium. Much longer than it looks in the pic though; it was riding up. TTS should work for the hoodie, depending on your build. Non-issue for the sweatpants I'm sure. Curious to hear how those are.

I sized up in my SS13 pair. It was only about 1 cm difference in the waist, relaxed but wearable, and fit way better in the thighs (i.e. I could actually pull them past my knees). FWIW.