1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeh, that's what I was afraid of. Heard back from East Dane and Barneys today - neither ordered the long shirt.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe the did only produce about 5 of them.

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Damn, I was counting on Barney's too. At least I got one last year I guess

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

This. Geller is one of the few brands where I usually buy at least 1 item per season at retail since I know it will sell out at full price (at least in my size). That said while the above items sell out at retail, most variations of the tees/jeans/buttondowns make it to sale.

4. OccultaVexillum

Yeah man. All I saw last year were 50's so I gave one a shot and it was too small. I HAVE to get one this year and this is pissing me off way more than it should, it's become an obsession.

5. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

What about 12345clothing or gravity pope? Neither has stuff for this season up yet. Are they still carrying Geller? Did you ask them?

6. OccultaVexillum

No, I haven't seem Geller on Gravity Pope in a while and I hadn't even heard of 12345 clothing before.
    Just emailed them both, thanks for the heads up!
    At this point I'm not even holding out for grey, I'll take red happily.

7. zhouyu

zhouyu Senior member

I was going to pull the trigger on the 52 on nomad, but hesitated... 3xx is a chunk of $$ to be guessing if its the right size or not... In my experience, the button down shirts are cut really freaking slim...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

RE: Long shirt
    I got mine last season at American Rag in LA... but they have a very limited web presence. They may be a candidate for long shirt stockage, as more Geller slowly drips in.

1 person likes this.
  9. OccultaVexillum

Thankyou! Email sent. What about Fred Segal in Ca? Do they stock Geller? All of those west coast retailers run together in my head and I forget which is which.

10. OccultaVexillum

Well at full retail it's no issue to return it.

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Looks like the ss15 show is today

12. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

American Rag didn't carry Geller last season (SS14). Their buy was actually pretty lame for them, I think they just discovered wings + horns. It's possibly that they could bring him back for FW 14, but is probably bleak given the fact that they dropped him in the spring.

Fred Segal Man didn't carry Geller last season either. They did a few seasons ago, and again it's possible that they could bring him back, but they dropped him awhile ago. If you're looking for Beams Tokyo stuff though, Fred Segal Man is your holy grail.

13. OccultaVexillum

Cool. I'm just emailing everybody that might have the slightest chance of carrying it hoping somebody comes through.

There's an app called "Spring" which is basically an online store, but instead of online it's all through the app. It seems to be mostly NY brands and predominately direct from the designer. Like they stock Ervell and Public School, and I think if you order it just comes direct from the designers stockroom or whatever, and it seems like its pretty limited range of products (assuming it's "curated" by the designer). Anyway, GELLER has been listed as "coming soon" for about a week and now it's just completely gone, like he pulled out of the app or something. I felt like that was my biggest shot at finding one, unless the special order with Forward comes through.

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

American Rag has the red plaid and linen tee on Farfetch, with stripe pants pictured but not for sale

15. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Maybe I missed this, but have you tried emailing Geller?

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's a common fallacy that you somehow are losing money if you buy something you really like at a retail, and then a few months later, at sales time, you find the same pieces on sale. It's like saying that you feel ripped off because day-old bread is 50% cheaper. Silly. You get months and months of enjoyment from the piece, rather than following it constantly, essentially better against your favorite designers.

I've gone to about 70% bought at the beginning of the season, and 30% sales, the latter only because I'm a sports shopper.

2 people like this.
  17. OccultaVexillum

I emailed XX@fiftytwoshowroom which was the email given to me by the intern geller account on instagram. I haven't heard anything back though. I couldn't find an email on the geller website? Do you know one?

18. Synthese

I don't, no - sorry. I've just done it before with other designers. You could try INFO@ROBERTGELLER-NY.COM, the one listed on their site.

19. OccultaVexillum

Thanks man. I can't see the email address for some reason. My screen is too small and I can't scroll down to "contacts" for whatever reason.

So yeah. I emailed that directly. Cross all yo fingerzz fo me.
    Speaking of Geller, pics from his show started rolling in on Instagram. Especially from four pins and details. Khaki bomber will be back, lots of elongated shirts and jackets and the CP slip ons are heavily featured - look like some kind of suede.

20. Synthese

Np, and lemme know what you hear, because I wouldn't mind one in 52 either