1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

You know, I think my initial sentiments about the Tencel Bomber were unnecessarily harsh. Partly because I didn't really "get it" or was just distracted by the fit. But, after actually having it for a few days, I've had a change of heart.

I can see why it was named "The Tencel Bomber", instead of something like a cadet jacket or flight bomber or ...strappy strap bomber(?). It's all about the tencel. Everything about the jacket was designed with tencel in mind. Having not really had a lot of experience with tencel, I didn't realize that tencel was durable and strong. What I saw initially was something that was relatively thin and unlined and light. But, since it's actually a really durable and strong fabric, I can see why they washed the shit out of it. Everything is washed, even a little distressed, including the ribbing and the zipper. It works. Then you flip it inside out and see all the sewing details and seams, and you realize that a lot of thought was put into this piece, and it all works together.

As for care of the jacket, the very first time I wore the jacket, I spilled all this tomato soup over the front of it [​IMG]. What I did was just put the front under a faucet and washed out all the soup and hung it to dry and bam...like nothing happened. [​IMG]

Lastly, the drape. I can now see why it was designed to be a more relaxed fit, to highlight how tencel drapes. It just looks really good man.

As for the "khaki" color. It definitely has some green in it. In the sunlight, you see it a lot more. I would name the color more like a washed olive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    21 people like this.
  2. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Geller always calls green things Khaki.
    My green flight pants from FW13, and I think even some cotton/linen stuff from SS11

But he's not wrong!

"However, the name is sometimes also used to describe a drab green color. In the mid-twentieth century as many Western militaries adopted an olive drab instead of the older, more brownish khaki, the two color names became associated with each other."

"During the second half of the WWII, American olive drab became distinctly more green, known as olive green. Most of the countries that participated in NATO, adopted the US military style and with it the olive green color. This color continued to be called khaki in many European countries. In France for example the term passed in the general language for a green shade of olive color. The older yellow-brown used in WWI was called in France moutarde instead."

Yezzzz
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    5 people like this.
  4. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Super interesting, Melo. Thank you. The US military-industrial complex pervades everything apparently, even color naming.

5. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I emailed SSENSE and they confirmed they are carrying both Geller and Geller seconds this Spring. So yeah, should be dropping soon.

6. melonadejello

Anture got the short sleeve black random dot shirt.
    And I was doing so well -.-

7. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Yeah man, I was eyeing it for 15 minutes earlier.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Hopefully ssense will put their buy up soon and that it's a big one. They just put their CP buy up yesterday, so I guess they're just slow.

Francis may got in the black tencel bomber and nomad put up their first delivery...and it appears they have their stock at about a little more than 10% cheaper than others...plus it's CAD.

East dane put up all their seconds. If only they carried the mainline.

Got in the long plaid from last season and it's wild man. I have no idea how I'm going to wear it, but I can't help but crack a smile everytime I try it on. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. melonadejello

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

do u guys think anyone other than anture will get those sneakers

11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I'd wear geller bombers every day if I had the cash, a different color for each day. So hard to justify even 1 when I already have 2 bombers and an all-black toj0.

12. hennree

hennree Senior member

Anyone tried/seen the seconds bomber?

13. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

The spring sneakers? I know Tikwid is getting the black ones in.

14. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Ditto - I have a spring and fall Geller bomber, plus a myriad of leathers and denim jackets. But still want the Tarmac bomber so bad.

1 person likes this.
  15. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

There's still a dip dye in 46 on Hypebeast. 220 shipped (+ duties potentially) with HBSPRING14.

16. keanswon

keanswon Senior member

Seconded. Got my olive spring bomber and the padded charcoal Stefan, but the patch bomber is just so tempting…

17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I was actually surprised East Dane is still carrying Seconds when pretty much the entire previous collection was heavily discounted. That said, I'm still not a big fan of the reboot. I feel like it was much better when it originally came out.

Maybe I'm just being super OCD but I feel like small details ruin it for me. I liked the hoodie and the sweatpants at first until I saw the panel at the throat on the hoodie and the back pockets on the sweatpants. I will just stick to the mainline.

18. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I think that's fair. The first season of Seconds was really good I thought - t-shirts were awesome, I still have two that I wear. Other than the odd piece, it hasn't been great lately. This season's tanks look good though and the bombers are prob decent.

19. melonadejello

I read somewhere that the print design comes from Charles de Gaulle airport? But I can't find any pics. Would be cool if anyone knows what that's about.

Anyway I have 5 Geller bombers that I can think of (and a hooded charcoal but I count that among coats rather than jackets) and still no real black :hide:
    Got a black jean jacket and a leather though

1 person likes this.
  20. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

[​IMG]