Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Meis

Meis Senior member

2. ysb

ysb Senior member

The white cupro boxing shorts I have from a few seasons back are my favorite shorts to wear. Bought an extra pair to stock up! Wonder if he's planning on doing these again.

3. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

quite like the split toe. need to see them in profile though

4. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

The jeans on aloha rag are a different cut than the ones on blackbird. Plus I'm pretty sure aloha rag's measurements are way fuckin off

5. APK

APK Senior member

Geller seems like one of the more accessible non-heritage brands discussed around these parts. He's definitely one of the more polarizing designers around here. You've got folks who seem to scoop up several items from each collection, while others seem to note their distaste for Geller on a routine basis. There was a good Geller discussion from both sides of the fence in the RFT thread last spring that brought forth some concrete pros and cons about the label.

I fall somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure I've seen a RG collection that hasn't included at least a couple of items I'd like to have in my closet. The laced-cuff overcoat from F/W '10 was the sort of understated, yet attention-grabbing product Geller is capable of when he gets it right. On the other hand, most collections are also good for some real swings and misses. Stuff such as the student cardigan are examples of what happens when Geller gets too cute with his designs.

I do love the fabrics the man uses for his mainline stuff and don't mind gushing about that. That's really all I'm usually looking for with this whole crazy jawnz thing. I'll admire the really balls-of-steel-level boldness from the sidelines, but when it comes to my own wardrobe, I prefer sharp design with good fabrics. Geller usually meets that criteria.

6. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Dammit. I may just go with the 48 and if it is too big I will get it tailored.

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

are you sure? I was wondering this too, I noticed that blackbird has them with the cinch on the back but I still thought they were the same jeans. How can you tell?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

8. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I would love to mix geller and ann, however I currently have 0 Ann pieces, although hopefully I can change that soon.

edit - I would also like to mention that I have met Robbie and he is the nicest dude ever. I was wearing a blazer of his and he approached me and told me I looked great in it :embar:

9. Meis

Meis Senior member

Yeah, I think they're different jeans, the aloha rag ones clearly don't have a cinch like the Blackbird ones. Also, I've bought some jeans (non-geller) from aloha rag in the past and IIRC the measurements were pretty accurate. Plus the measurements seem pretty similar to geller jeans I already have (for the 46). Anyway, I picked up those ones up from aloharag and can report back when I get them... if that ever happens. Aloha rag takes their sweet fucking time shipping stuff to you. Oh you placed an order? we're going to take a couple days to send you your fedex tracking, which when you get it still won't be active for another two days... :fu:

10. Desi

Desi Senior member

Ann is way out of my price market. If not I would be mixing. I just need Geller to release riding boots for the next CP collab and I would be in romantic heaven.

Watching Gundam Wing at the moment and Treise is revolutionary swagged out right now.

11. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Do the geller pants/trousers tagged 50 correspond to size 34? I thought i could rely on aloharag's measurements but it seems those are unreliable.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I have a pair of the linen mix cropped flight pants and they're pretty awesome. At 5'9" I can wear them normally as tapered pants or pull them up like they're styled in a lot of the looks. Super comfy as well.

13. wurm

wurm Senior member

Usually, yes.

14. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

Aloha's measurements are pretty accurate. Also, the jeans will stretch a little at the waist.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

My Geller denim shrank like crazy in the wash, and they now look like Birza Birch's jeans :(