Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. dickenshero

dickenshero Senior member

Any hooded bombers for me to scoop up? Preferably in size 50? Or if I'm lucky mustard 5 pocket jeans [​IMG]

2. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

Hooded bomber in 48 is one of the main things I want from the sample sale. Also hoping that the light gray jeans from last spring will randomly be included as well

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There may be a hooded bomber in black. True sample. I may or may not keep it for myself. Depends how nice you guys decide to be.

There is a Richard in a grey/mauve color, SS12 or earlier.

There may be flight pants. I honestly don't remember. They were not something that really caught my eye when they were in the stores, so they would not have caught my eye if they were in the pile. There were some pants that may have been a precursor to those, but I don't rightly remember. There were a lot of Andreas pants, which is why I mentioned them. There were some Manfred pants - I remember those mainly because of the name. There were a pair of black buckle back jeans that I'll probably buy up myself.

But yeah, there are many more boxes to go through... A lot more pants to be tagged and bagged and put up on the site, including some really cool runway ones, or one off samples that I've never seen in stores. Oh, and a waxed cotton capelet that I tried on. I feel like wearing that, completely unstyled, with jeans and a tee shirt or something, and having people ask "What are you wearing?"
    "A capelet." "Why?" "It's raining, and this keeps my shoulders and chest dry. It's like an umbrella for my torso."

4. LA Guy

Oh, right, and lots in interesting shorts and knickers. I may actually try a pair of Seconds nylon knickers. Might be good on summer vacation. There are also really thick wool ones that would do in the alps, in January.

5. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

Keeping my fingers crossed for some of those rad Metropolis t-shirts. Those things are boss as hell.

6. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

I think you can pretty safely uncross them there bud, I don't see them shipping out new season stuff for a clearance sale before they are even in stores.

7. jacket

jacket Senior member

keeping my fingers crossed that melo doesn't buy everything in 44/46 before I get a chance to even see it

8. LA Guy

I do know that at least one piece did say "2014" on the tags. Just sayin'... It's reasonably common practice at the end of the buying season to trade sample with friends. I know that I've worn a few things before they went into production.

9. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Geller continues to be my savior during the summer.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

11. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

=/.... that thing is going to go so fast. hate being a 48

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

13. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

any sweatshirts in this sale? particularly the grey one in my sig...

14. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Ha! Well then I guess I stand corrected. But I still wouldn't get my hopes up for that tee.

When are those Andreas pants from? I can't wear anything but 44 in bottoms anyway but I can't recall ever seeing pants with mesh and zippers.

Its pretty cool that you could get something from ss14 before the runway show even happens though

I looked back at Geller's overstock list from ss13 and there were a couple things I hope to see pop up here...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013

15. LA Guy

We definitely have sweatshirts, though not many may be up for this first batch, so you might have to scramble. Remember, pretty much all the pieces are one and done, so if there is something you want, you should probably not wait too long after the products go live. You really can't wait for us to release the next batch. Hedging your bets that way is probably a good way to get disappointed. We will be testing some live products this week, but it's strictly for testing, and the software can't do it without being live to the public (yay). If you buy something this week, it will be cancelled. You will see when the site is live because it will say "Sale is now live."

There will be no markdowns, ever. I actually negotiated with Robert so that we bring the stuff to you at the lowest price that is feasible given the amount of resources expended.

I';ve plucked essentially nothing - one pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and a belt for my wife. That's it. I'll probably even release that hooded bomber, which is a true sample, and either a small 50 or large 48.