1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The chelsea boots fit slightly slimmer - I think because they are not laced - but the derbies seem to fit the same as any CPs I own.

The combo is leather and some sort of canvas. It is pretty subtle, but very distinctive within talking distance. The full leathers are easier to wear, but I think that the combos are more interesting. Depends on your comfort levels.

2. variegate

variegate Senior member

Kinda feeling like this season's flight pants are cut looser than previous seasons - less dramatic taper and a shorter ribbed cuff.

3. nolovelost23

nolovelost23 Member

anyone know how the chelsea boots fit, compared to the double monks?
    i have the double monks in 42.

thx.

4. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Chelsea's might be a bit tighter, but I'm a 43 in both.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

This isn't going to end well for me, I can see it now :(

6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'll take anyone's Chelseas in a 43 if they don't work out. I got the 42s so I'll see if they work, but I am already reading the writing on the wall that I will need the 43s.

7. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

I have a pair of black suede chelsea's/side zips/whatever you want to call them in a size 42. The sole is 30.5 cm long and a hair under 10.5 cm at the widest point. Hope that helps some people out.

That big huh? Damn, oh well I'll see what happens when they get here. Thanks though.

9. LA Guy

Tomorrow. There was a glitch in the system, which meant that some people successfully bought stuff that was sold out (dear people, if it says sold out, and you are able to put it in your cart, we still don't have it to send to you, though I wish that we did.) However, we have that sorted out now (I think) and we will send things out tomorrow (everything was originally scheduled to go out today.)

10. Zipster1

Zipster1 Senior member

i bought the grey suede chelseas in 42 I wonder how would it fit and look like in person, i would prefer the faded black ones but there isnt any in size 42

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  11. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Tried on the Seconds bomber in a small and it's super short on me but the shoulders are fine. Sizing up would probably mess up the proportions.

Seconds hoodie fits slim too. I'd size up.

1 person likes this.
  12. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

13. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

well I sent out an email to stockists yesterday asking about that metropolis t(I tend to have a one track mind with this sort of thing). None of the replies even heard of it. Which is like seven places so far. Justin at machus loved it but definitely said they won't be getting it. !?!?!whythefuck?!?!

14. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Nomad has it in stock.

15. msg

msg Senior member

I've always had good luck finding stockists for specific items by mailing Geller directly; check the website, there's a contact address. Quick responses, very helpful.

16. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Thanks man! Just called. 50 was the biggest they got :(

there's an idea. i always seem to do things the hard way. cheers

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  17. WhatTheWill

WhatTheWill Well-Known Member

I looked through the recent discussion of shirting in this thread, but couldn't find an answer to this question. Do you guys usually go true to size with Geller's shirts? I have a variety of pieces from different seasons and the sizing is all over the place.

18. LA Guy

The shirts fit true to size, but on the slimmer size, imo.

I think that I am going to make a 10% coupon for shirts only, on www.styleforummarket.com, which will be valid until tomorrow morning.

19. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Hey Fok, what's the charcoal johan scarf feel like? I need a more conventionally sized scarf. Right now I have two huge ones, Schneider and now Geller. Looking for something thin and soft since OC barely has a winter.

20. LA Guy

The Johan is a lighter weight scarf. It's a definite "summer" scarf. It's more of a conventional scarf than the large square ones. Personally, I think that the mesh scarf would be perfect for Orange County, but it's really a personal decision.