1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I tried on the 48, and it was way too small. The size 50 fit very well (I've been doing a ton of pullups, and power exercises, and my chest is just above 40 right now and I have rounded by muscular shoulders and non-skinny arms), but the neckline make me look like a giraffe, so I had to pass.

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

I wanted the polka dot gloves not the stripe!!!! DAMN

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Does that patch t-shirt (the one with the R logo) fit TTS? There's only a 46 and I'm a typical 48, but sizing seems to be all over.

(can't believe there was a 42 in the dark grey chelseas left. :slayer:)

4. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

It's oversized, fits like a 48. Go for it.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Fok what color are those "fade black" chelseas? They look brown much more so than black. Would they work with black jeans?

6. LA Guy

They are not brown. Think of a chalkboard. They are like that. I would definitely wear them with black jeans, but like all the chelseas that we have, I feel that they would look best with fairly slim jeans, since they are pretty low profile. That is, unless you can pull of the "Dark Lord Robin Hood" look. Which, incidentally, I cannot.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  7. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Is the photo color accurate?
    I think technically they should be the same pair I own, but I don't feel like mine are quite that light looking
    Possible that they are a sample that the treatment turned out differently on or something?
    Or maybe mine look exactly like that and I am just misremembering haha

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

How is sizing on the chelseas? (I read the last few pages, only found advice for combats/gats) About to pull trigger, but not sure they'll fit :( And I only have slim jeans, so no problems there.

melo, you have more pictures perhaps? I've been searching with little luck...

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Yeah, mine definitely look darker, but those look like a great color too
    Still not 100% convinced it's not just the lighting but idk
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I think they fit identical to CP Achilles, but others have reported that their normal CP size was too small (maybe just because my feet are too wide for sz 39 Achilles)
    (Sorry I left out info in the middle here, I wear a 40 in Achilles, and a 40 in the boots)
    GATs though I needed a 41, 40 was too tight

1 person likes this.
  10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Any idea how you sized compared to CPs (achilles)/GATs?

11. LA Guy

They run pretty much the same as Common Projects sneakers. Though, because they have no laces, they feel slightly more snug.

Just googling around, here is another pic:

[​IMG]

If you look up "robert geller chelsea boots", you'll see a bunch of pics from different angles.

12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Lol, I did google that. Assumed the pic you posted was a true black and these were some other variation. If they look like that, I'll give them a go, bit of a gamble on sizing though :eek:

13. LA Guy

Actually, I think that this is a better representation:

[​IMG]

14. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Thanks. Fingers crossed on fit.

15. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

:( would've bought those red/brown monks tonight if they weren't two sizes too big

16. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Would be keen on the chelsea boots in 42 in any color if it doesn't work out for any of you guys.

17. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

Dont have any CPxGeller boots - but I do have the CP Officer from last season in a 42---went with that. Can let you know how fit went when i get em.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  18. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

This pic is from ssense. That's where I bought mine and they are a true black.
    http://www.ssense.com/men/product/robert_geller/rg_1995_chelsea_boots/40907 They call it "distressed leather", but it really isn't. I can't remember if mine originally looked like the picture, but after a polish it's just a pure black. Pretty sure these are the ones Melo has too.

I believe the 'black fade' for sale on Styleforumnmarket is one that Peter sold when he was running alwaysnever. I never saw them for sale anywhere else, though I'm sure they were in Japan.

Both are really cool. And both would look killer with black jeans.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I am oddly interested in the derbies even though the profile isn't totally my thing. Are the combo ones a combination of leather and suede, Fok or just lighter leather variation? Can hardly tell the difference between the navy and black pairs are they pretty close?

And finally. Did you try on the same size you do in CP sneakers? I know I purchased a pair of shoes in same size before though they felt more snug than the sneakers so I'm wondering if going up a size would be too much. I'm already taking a risk on style, wondering about the gamble on size now too.

20. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

High res of the black derbies:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.