• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got two tees this morning. Should have known they would fit tiny.
I don't like this, I'm not used to having to decide whether or not to size up

But I guess I don't have to worry as much about which stores buy 44s

Got the Oskar glasses too, way too big for my face. Guess that's what I get for buying frames on final sale without trying them on, but maybe I'll get them made into prescription sunglasses

Last edited:

variegate

Reaction score

Got two tees this morning. Should have known they would fit tiny.
I don't like this, I'm not used to having to decide whether or not to size up

WHa?
Did sizing change this season?
It's been totally steady for the cotton/acrylic standard tees for years.
I've learned that 48s give me a fitted look, while 50 is my 'normal' fit

Just ordered the Black HAPPEN tee. Hope sizing isnt off. =/

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fw12 tees were totally different too but these aren't like those either

I'm guessing that its all to do with the "new production facilities" or whatever people are whispering about

But yeah if the standard 48s are fitted on you I hope you got a 50

I'd like to hear from someone who's bought a button up this season cause it seems everything else is coming up smaller than usual (which I think many people here would describe as "true to size")

Last edited:

jibak

Reaction score
I always go by the measurements for geller. Enough said when i need sz 48 for jeans/flight pants/lounge pants, 46 for rider pants/engineer pants/gypsy pants, but then again 48 for suit trousers while 50 for suit jackets, 44 for leathers and ponchos, 46 for armhole pleats, 48 for other button down shirts, and finally 50 for tees.
Dont have as many as melon but enough to see this curious pattern at least for my own (equally peculiar) body type.

In re: production, they stopped commissioning playjobs? I hope its a move for the better and not a start of the end (think gellers financeers were largely japanese (JBIC?) which lead to him using japanese everything down to his barbor). I was never impressed by gellers quality of production and felt like they overrated themselves a little too heavily with that "made in japan" tag. I mean, how serious can u take them if they have the same care instruction tags as bape did, verbatim with all the not-so-intentional grammar errors

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds painful. Everything I own is a 44 (my actual size) except one of my three jean jackets.

And as for production, I don't know details but all signs suggest that it's for the better, other than making me have to reconsider sizing which isn't really a negative in the long run.
Everything I've gotten this season seems really solid and the finishing on the tees is all nice even if the cut is throwing me. I was sort of impressed with the slash pocket because they usually seem iffy to me

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
melo if you want to sell any shirts in a 44 you know where to find me :stirpot:

Last edited:

kubrick555

Reaction score
I bought the MOON t-shirt and I didn't find the sizing that off.

A little slimmer, but length wise still fine so I went with my regular size 46. I think a 48 would've been too long. Found the same thing with the slash t-shirts.

What ones did you buy Melo?

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the happen tee in black and slash pocket in heather gray ("beige" according to ssense)
44 is usually loooose but they are both tiiiiight

variegate

Reaction score
damn.
That makes me think the 'Happen' tee I ordered isnt gonna fit. Dammit.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What proxy service are people using? Sutocorp still the cheapest? Haven't bought from Japan in a few years. Thanks in advance!

Don't need a proxy to buy from Rakuten.
Certain vendors don't ship international but I'm pretty sure anything that comes up in search on the English website you can just buy directly.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melo, not true actually. Some of them are willing to ship directly. Most wont. That includes those which appear in the english search.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics