Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yes, shipping will be available internationally - USPS Priority International. You guys will pay the actual shipping. Right now, actually, I can't even get the shipping working to go to my own fucking house though. But I'm working on that.
    There is a lot of stuff that I've never seen outside the Japanese market, and two of the boxes are actually straight from the Japanese maunfacturer, so there is a lot of stuff that will be like "boom".

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Fok, what's the date on that being available?

I bought the tencel vest from the barney's sale (thanks for help mello), it's cool but I don't really have any outerwear that's grungy enough to go with it :/. My denim jacket kinda works. If I wear it alone with my geller striped shirt I look like a steampunk mechanic

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Grey richard jacket came from ssense today. Super fast shipping and really cheap, I'm really pleased with ssense. No wonder stuff sells out from their site so fast. I figure I'd post something since I haven't really read much about this season's....

The grey is definitely a warm toned grey, like a slight brown tinge to it. It's actually quite a fabulous color and I wasn't expecting it, but I really dig it.

It's kinda flimsy, and I thought it would have a little more weight to it. My Dana Lee waffle cotton jacket feels more solid than this thing, but the Geller is a lot softer. The high acrylic percentage is off-putting and you can definitely feel it, but it's not that bad, of course I would prefer better materials but for the price I paid it's OK. Buttons are super crap plastic though.

Glad I didn't size down like last season's. Maas and Stacks measurements are pretty solid and they are representative of the jacket. It's just very slightly oversized so I think sizing down would make it look weird.

I think it's good at 50% off, wouldn't pay 30% off and definitely no way would I ever pay retail for this thing

4. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

i didn't really like the material when I checked out the jacket at Odin. kinda spongy and a little too unstructured. felt like the blazer equivalent of sweatpants. :(

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

5. variegate

variegate Senior member

Basically my non-coated winter grail. BOLLOCKS! (I'm Facebook friends with a dude who has the coated parka - still bugging him now and then to sell it . . .)

6. variegate

variegate Senior member

So who's gonna get the brown Richard shorts and pair them with the blazer?

Please?

7. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I am not sure about you guys, but it would be better if those who showed firm interest when the sample sale was proposed are given some kind of priority such as early access. I believe someone else suggested this somewhere in another thread. Fok, you might want to consider this suggestion.

8. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

maybe post when its live in this thread for a day then to the sale thread?

9. APK

APK Senior member

What's the reasoning behind not giving a heads up when to expect the store opening? This is a fantastic endeavor Fok has embarked on, but opting to forgo an actual "opening" date/time in favor of the "it could be any minute" seems to set the stage for a frenzy of buying now and thinking later. Given the scarce nature of the inventory, I doubt selling the stuff will be an issue, but being so ambiguous about when the stuff will be available seems like it would cause an air of unnecessary panic. I can see a lot of people missing out because they weren't locked in to Styleforum every waking moment.

10. LA Guy

The real reason is that the opening of a webstore is always up in the air until the thing is done and all (or at least most) of the product is inventoried and online. The fact that this is our first organized (see 'not a Paypal freeforall') webstore, and I just putting together the last bits of the infrastructure now, just make the uncertainty that much bigger. I can tell you that we are shooting for the end of June or beginning of July. That said, we do like people to be on Styleforum 24/7.

I'll also send out an email to the entire Styleforum membership to announce the imminent opening, and ask for suggestions on what you guys would like to see later this month.

Oh, right. Three of six sample boxes arrived today. Some great accessories, including some dope fedoras, assorted jewelry, lots of scarves, enough pants to outfit army of generally smaller stature than the ex-military guys with whom I workout, and some tees, a few pieces of outerwear (including really awesome poncho that I sorta want for myself), and a few knitwear pieces, including one loose knit, cotton zip cardigan that would be great for a summer evening. That's 1/2 of the shipment. I should expect 3 more boxes, and soon, that will include most of the outerwear and cut-and-sew.

Cheers,

Fok.

11. LA Guy

Oh man, the other boxes came too - tons of outerwear, shirts, cut-and-sews (including some soft as a baby's bottom sweats) And I'm pretty sure a lot of this stuff never made to production. Among the less pedestrian pieces are a an offwhite fur vest (szie 48), oversized belted wintershorts (size 48 and 50, but they look to fit huge) to be worn over thermal long johns (which are also in the shipment), an oversized sleeveless long jacket and a satin and linen summer parka. Lots of tanks, tees. Smaller sizes too, in cool stuff - a black puffy bomber with a knit collar and a beige rider with a contrasting collar both came in size 46, and a lavendar satin summer bomber in a size 44.

The tees are super soft and washed.

Now begins the task of organizing things so that we can let you guys buy it.

Cheers,

Fok.

12. LA Guy

Oh, right, and a richard "suit", which you may never see listed. Just sayin'.

13. variegate

variegate Senior member

Even if you snake some shit out of there - you gotta at least post pics.
    Thanks for ruining my day/making my day with all the tantalizing details.

Please say there's an RG Seconds Mustard tank in there . . .

14. slstr

slstr Senior member

Beginning to get paranoid that you'll set up the webstore while I'm asleep and everything will be gone by the time I wake up

15. APK

APK Senior member

The white fur vest; this one?

[​IMG]

Is there a range of sizes in tees? I'm assuming those will be mostly what us guys on the larger end of the Geller scale will have to pick from.