Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Desi

Desi Senior member

What are these email/pm's actually regarding?

2. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Presumably helping with shipping or website/inventory maintenance.

I'd help with shipping, volume is okay but I can't deal with filling out customs forms for international orders lol.

3. linstar

linstar Senior member

I would be willing to help with either aspect of the buy. Looking forward to picking up a bunch of pieces this season and it would be convenient to know when everything is coming instead of praying for an update.

4. filcol

filcol Senior member

Can someone tell me how the jeans fit? I'm a 28 in APC, 29 in Levis, 29 in Dior, will a 46 fit me?

Also I'm in too! Great idea :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013

5. melonadejello

What's your actual waist and do you have skinny legs?

I think you might want a 44 but those jean sizes don't really help cause I don't know how you are sizing. I guess You might be a true 30

Just anticipate the waist being looser than you are used to and if you can't live with it then don't do it.
    Actually you'll probably be miserable in a 46 no matter what. But i dont know how much bigger they really are. I had a pair of 46s once that were okayish but they were older.
    Do people size down in levis?
    But if you have skinny legs you're probably gonna be best off in a 44. Waist will come out around 15.5" on a 44 which is still probably bigger than everything else you wear

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013

6. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I'm a 29 in APC and I need a 44 in the newer Gellers, so I'd say you'd definitely need a 44.

But honestly, this is a tough question with the various Geller cuts.

7. filcol

filcol Senior member

I have no idea if it's a newer model, that's how it looks:

[​IMG]

This is really sad :( Really like the color ,looking for grey jeans for a long time now.
    My APCs are 15,9" in the waist, 10" in thighs and 6,5" leg opening. Fit is on the skinny-slim side.
    It doesn't have to fit like in the picture above but I was still hoping for a slim look

8. melonadejello

SS11^

Well if 16" waist is alright then you might be good

9. filcol

filcol Senior member

I don't like waist measurements somehow, simply because it failed so often. For example, some Margiela pants I bought have the exact same waist measurements like my Diors, but while my Diors are very tight, the pants fit so loose and need a belt.
    That's why I prefer leg opening and thigh measurements. Especially the leg opening imo gives a good idea of how slim it will fit around the leg. Do you maybe have measurements for this model? Because the seller doesn't answer me sadly.

10. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

interested in the sample and pre-orders too

11. melonadejello

Well, I would guess you would be happy with the legs but I probably wouldn't risk it on the waist. You'd probably need a belt

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The fulfillment would be done through me - through a centralized location. I prefer to have control of inventory, since I'd be accountable for it. But the help I do need is to build a webstore. Right now, I am tending towards Big Cartel/Big Commerce, because it's written in PHP, which means that it would be easier to find someone who could customize it in the future. The fee structure is also more favorable. Anyway, it will rock pretty hard if this gets off the ground, but I still need to see. FW13 is what I am aiming for. It would be a late order, but given what I've seen of the deliveries, not impossible. I'm going to get back to the people who emailed me (if you send a PM, please email me your message at [email protected] with the subject line "SF store", because it's getting difficult for me to keep track of everything.)

Thanks for all the interest, guys. I'm pretty stoked as well.

Cheers,

Fok.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Which is a plus. Belts are awesome. I actually have the Geller x Driftwood Engineer's belt, but these days, a lot of my wear goes to either a "khaki" leather Dries Van Noten belt, a skinny black embroidered belt from last year's White Mountaineering collection, or a washed black double-0 ring Margiela belt.

14. melonadejello

A plus for you and I, but filcol's previous post would indicate that that would not be to his taste ;)

15. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Anxiously awaiting the store. Fok, if you need any legwork done in NYC (don't know what, but just sayin) feel free to let me know.