1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Got the Geller/Levi's shirt today. Color is indeed a bit darker than it appeared on ebay, but probably not quite as dark overall as the press image (it is in places, but because of the washing each shirt was slightly different). The cut looks really good—narrow shoulders, nice silhouette in the body—and all the details from the small collar to the buttons to the bib front are really nice. There's also some subtle distressing on the collar and sleeves. Definitely like it, though I haven't tried it on yet (still at the office).

2. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Damn, I should've grabbed it. Couldn't do it though as he wanted 30 bucks to ship to Canada. Let us know how it fits.

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

Yeah I feel bad now.

4. xM.

xM. Senior member

He quoted me $25, but yeah, still a bit much.

5. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Yeah. Got the mail. I am waiting for the pics. Kinda silly to have a refundable deposit placed to have a peek at the pictures before ordering..

6. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

Exactly, this is why I ultimately didn't do it. I guess I understand why he requires the deposit, but it still seems like it would make more sense to just let people see the pictures and place an order if they'd like to. I like geller and julius, but not sending money to people who I know little to nothing about, regardless of the amount.

7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

i find geller is not something that sells fast. better waiting until it's stocked and just buy as you please or wait a few months and get a bunch of it 50%-80% off.

8. Desi

Desi Senior member

not quite if you are 44. Maybe at Assembly but they don't even stock much anymore. Well, not totally true the real "challenging" pieces to last a while.

Well problems can arise if people started passing around the price sheet and showroom images. That is why most shops take their own shots and list their own retail prices.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  9. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Senior member

I was going to say this. This is why I bought quite a few pieces when Geller surprisingly showed up on Amazon's myhabit. Everything was available in a 44, which never makes it to that kind of discount.

10. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

Yeah, I think there's value in what this Cody guy is attempting. I wouldn't buy a ton of pieces of him - but if there's a most have piece at a price that's 40% below what it would retail, then it's worth it.

We'll see how his pricing lines up though.

11. pickpackpockpuck

I got very excited when I saw the My Habit sale was happening, but then the stock was really meh. Hopefully it'll happen again, but with a better selection this time.

I thought about getting in on this deal with Cody but decided I'll just wait to see what's in stores. I find my size with Geller varies, so I'm better off trying stuff on. But if anyone goes through with it, definitely post up pics.

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Hopefully there is a stand out jacket that I can grab from the geller pre-sale. Thats my goal

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

+1, you never know for sure what size you'll need... and almost none of the stockists provide measurements :plain:

Also, downside of myhabit is that you can only get store credit for returns...though its run by amazon and apparently you can use the credit on any site that amazon runs, so that makes it better.

14. pickpackpockpuck

No, you can get a refund. I thought the same thing at first. I returned an item not realizing they would give me store credit, but I called and they agreed immediately to put the money back on my credit card. They said giving store credit is the default, but if you call and ask they'll give your money back. Just be sure not to spend any of the credit before they've refunded you. If you spend any of it at all, say buying a book or tv show to stream, then you're stuck with the credit. That said, anyone counting on this may want to call and verify, because they told me this several months ago. They may have changed their policy since.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

when are those fucking mesh tanks coming out shit

16. pickpackpockpuck

Levi's/Geller shirt is definitely snug. I'm trying to decide if it's a bit too small or if it looks like it was tailored to me.

17. Desi

Desi Senior member

Mesh in march if Rag is to go by. Can't wait.

1 person likes this.
  18. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

meh $10 by paypal... ask for a refund and if he doesn't give it then file a paypal dispute and you are done.

19. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

has the paris aw12 show happened?
    I will get on this group buy.
    Just got a pair of the tapered slim jeans in ash. very happy with fit.

20. PreMMM0

PreMMM0 Active Member

his shows are in new york