1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

Good thinking. Intuition tells me the 48 would be too big anyways.

2. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

[​IMG]
    OK it can be Fall now.

6 people like this.
  3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Very nice, glad someone bought it!
    I'll post my black one some day but I think that one is better.

It can't be fall yet though I have to save some money first

4. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Thanks! I'll post pics in better light at some point. Wasn't sure I was the kind of guy to rock Lilac but I really like it. The twill is super soft too.

5. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

details? Looks very great.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That jacket looks good. There are some like that in the samples that are coming for Styleforum Market's inaugural sample sale, iirc.

2 people like this.
  7. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

Never seen that coat/jacket before looks pretty cool -- the fabric looks like moleskin.

8. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Only sad thing about the sale is that it coincides with the end of TOJ. No idea where to allocate my funds right now but I'm still excited as hell to see what's for sale.

1 person likes this.
  9. _inwonderland

_inwonderland Senior member

Will there be international shipping available for the sample sale?

1 person likes this.
  10. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. LA Guy

Yes, shipping will be available internationally - USPS Priority International. You guys will pay the actual shipping. Right now, actually, I can't even get the shipping working to go to my own fucking house though. But I'm working on that.
    There is a lot of stuff that I've never seen outside the Japanese market, and two of the boxes are actually straight from the Japanese maunfacturer, so there is a lot of stuff that will be like "boom".

5 people like this.
  12. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Fok, what's the date on that being available?

I bought the tencel vest from the barney's sale (thanks for help mello), it's cool but I don't really have any outerwear that's grungy enough to go with it :/. My denim jacket kinda works. If I wear it alone with my geller striped shirt I look like a steampunk mechanic

2 people like this.
  13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Grey richard jacket came from ssense today. Super fast shipping and really cheap, I'm really pleased with ssense. No wonder stuff sells out from their site so fast. I figure I'd post something since I haven't really read much about this season's....

The grey is definitely a warm toned grey, like a slight brown tinge to it. It's actually quite a fabulous color and I wasn't expecting it, but I really dig it.

It's kinda flimsy, and I thought it would have a little more weight to it. My Dana Lee waffle cotton jacket feels more solid than this thing, but the Geller is a lot softer. The high acrylic percentage is off-putting and you can definitely feel it, but it's not that bad, of course I would prefer better materials but for the price I paid it's OK. Buttons are super crap plastic though.

Glad I didn't size down like last season's. Maas and Stacks measurements are pretty solid and they are representative of the jacket. It's just very slightly oversized so I think sizing down would make it look weird.

I think it's good at 50% off, wouldn't pay 30% off and definitely no way would I ever pay retail for this thing

4 people like this.
  14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

i didn't really like the material when I checked out the jacket at Odin. kinda spongy and a little too unstructured. felt like the blazer equivalent of sweatpants. :(

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  15. variegate

variegate Senior member

Basically my non-coated winter grail. BOLLOCKS! (I'm Facebook friends with a dude who has the coated parka - still bugging him now and then to sell it . . .)

16. variegate

variegate Senior member

So who's gonna get the brown Richard shorts and pair them with the blazer?

Please?

17. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I am not sure about you guys, but it would be better if those who showed firm interest when the sample sale was proposed are given some kind of priority such as early access. I believe someone else suggested this somewhere in another thread. Fok, you might want to consider this suggestion.

18. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

maybe post when its live in this thread for a day then to the sale thread?

19. APK

APK Senior member

What's the reasoning behind not giving a heads up when to expect the store opening? This is a fantastic endeavor Fok has embarked on, but opting to forgo an actual "opening" date/time in favor of the "it could be any minute" seems to set the stage for a frenzy of buying now and thinking later. Given the scarce nature of the inventory, I doubt selling the stuff will be an issue, but being so ambiguous about when the stuff will be available seems like it would cause an air of unnecessary panic. I can see a lot of people missing out because they weren't locked in to Styleforum every waking moment.

20. LA Guy

The real reason is that the opening of a webstore is always up in the air until the thing is done and all (or at least most) of the product is inventoried and online. The fact that this is our first organized (see 'not a Paypal freeforall') webstore, and I just putting together the last bits of the infrastructure now, just make the uncertainty that much bigger. I can tell you that we are shooting for the end of June or beginning of July. That said, we do like people to be on Styleforum 24/7.

I'll also send out an email to the entire Styleforum membership to announce the imminent opening, and ask for suggestions on what you guys would like to see later this month.

Oh, right. Three of six sample boxes arrived today. Some great accessories, including some dope fedoras, assorted jewelry, lots of scarves, enough pants to outfit army of generally smaller stature than the ex-military guys with whom I workout, and some tees, a few pieces of outerwear (including really awesome poncho that I sorta want for myself), and a few knitwear pieces, including one loose knit, cotton zip cardigan that would be great for a summer evening. That's 1/2 of the shipment. I should expect 3 more boxes, and soon, that will include most of the outerwear and cut-and-sew.

Cheers,

Fok.

5 people like this.