1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pickpackpockpuck, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Um, go to a Tailor...???

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I forgot to mention that the calves are too tight, or at least they are too tight for me to feel comfortable in them

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

I grabbed the ash jeans as well and they do seem to fit tighter in the calf area than the other geller jeans I have.

Also - has anyone had their geller jeans altered? If so how did you have it done?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. Desi

Desi Senior member

Thank goodness there are no 44's at all. Would have faltered.

5. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Gotcha. Did you grab them on final sale? Thats a bummer.

They fit me perfect in the calves but were super baggy in my thighs. I just got them tailored and now they fit great. These are my first pair of geller jeans.... I'm impressed.

6. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

I had my thighs tapered and also got a slight hem. I just brought it too my local tailor and he took care of it for me.

7. Shirt+Pants

Shirt+Pants Senior member

Sorry in advance to clutter up the thread with a sizing question but I'd really appreciate some help. I'm 6'1 170-175 and typically wear a medium in most tops. What size would I be in Geller jackets? Specifically the flight jackets. Thanks in advance.

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

ya, final sale. I took a chance, but didn't really think I was taking a chance since I had 2 other pairs that fit perfect

9. APK

APK Senior member

Probably at least a 50. Really depends on your build. I had to go up to a 52 on a different Geller piece of outerwear because the fit was a bit snug in the upper sleeves and chest.

10. the shah

the shah Senior member

and the shift to sizing questions extravaganza beings -- may this surpass the CP and APC threads :slayer:

11. APK

APK Senior member

Perhaps the OP can edit the first post to include a basic sizing list for Geller tops, bottoms, outerwear, etc.

12. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

^If someone wants to put it together for me I'll happily post it (and credit the creator). The only reason I hesitate is because sizing is never really consistent. Depending on the shirt, for instance, I can be a 46 or 48. I know Bows has had the same issue. But if someone wants to give it a shot feel free and we can see how it goes.

13. pickpackpockpuck

Called Stuart and Wright in Brooklyn wondering about their Geller stock since they don't even have him listed on their website. They only got a few pieces in for fall, and they confirmed that they're not getting any Geller for spring.

14. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

i live down the street, they've said it doesn't really fit their demographic which I mostly agree with. Most of their stuff is pretty tame or workwearish.

15. pickpackpockpuck

Yeah, makes sense. I guess that means it won't turn up during their seasonal overstock sale. Cool neighborhood, by the way. I almost moved there a few years back. Apparently that's where Geller and his wife live.

16. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

ah nice. yeah some stuff sat through a bunch of markdowns last season. almost grabbed some jeans for like 70$ but the waist looked huge even on a 44.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  17. Shirt+Pants

Thanks man. I just realized that Aloha Rag had measurements and it seems like a 50 is right.

:embar: I knew I ran the risk of getting this kind of response when I made my post but I couldn't find a definitive answer through a search and I didn't know where else to ask without being ignored. I understand where you're coming from though after reading through a couple of pages of the APC thread.

18. the shah

the shah Senior member

hah i was just teasing don't take anything i post too seriously. including this one :paranoia:

geller makes best japanese denim size up to fit in everything unless is too big in which case go back tts

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  19. Shirt+Pants

No worries man. I wasn't offended or anything. Thanks. :fistbump:

20. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I've had solid luck ordering a size 50 for my tops, some are a bit loose but Fok said Geller isn't meant to be worn super fitted.

For comparison sake I wear M across the board: Epaulet, Gitman, WvG, Geller Seconds, etc. etc.