• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romano Martegani ebay deals

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what 9-9.5D's popup.

Hope your wife does well, sounds like a hectic time.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the scuff that is polished over minor or is it visible?
It's actually about what you would do after taking 5 steps....I just thought I should mention it - not in the leather, just a touch at the left toe from boxing, it appears.

would it be possible if you can provide the sole measurement when you can? thanks
Do I get an extra $5?
smile.gif

Measures 12" long and 4 3/8" at the ball

Can I add a vote for shipping to Europe, or at least England.
It's offered! EXCEPT for exotics....I'm not risking my F&W permit to send a shoe without CITES outside the country and I'm not spending the $100 + 2 hours at the office to fill-out the papers.

Others here will probably have better ebay tips than me but, statistically, you will get the best prices by starting very low [99c] with no reserve.
I'll give it a try....I just don't like the reserve auctions, though.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
3B last runs 1/2 size large for sizes up to 10.5....11 and above take the regular size. 74 last runs smaller than 3B (every last I have runs smaller than 3B) and is pretty easy to translate size from say, Ferragamo.

If I fit in a 10 for the Sorrento (which I believe is a 3B last) what would I take for the 46 last?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Others here will probably have better ebay tips than me but, statistically, you will get the best prices by starting very low [99c] with no reserve
No he won't. Maybe with a pair of Kiton shoes or something, but not with Martegani. Don't do it Ron.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
No he won't. Maybe with a pair of Kiton shoes or something, but not with Martegani. Don't do it Ron.
I am afraid I agree. I don't think Martegani is well enough known yet in the U.S. to create a liquid market (which would allow the market to create the price) on eBay. But don't do the reserve price deal, either. Just do what you did this time. Put them up for sale at the lowest price (or just a little bit lower) than you would be willing to sell them for.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris

+1

Originally Posted by knittieguy
I am afraid I agree. I don't think Martegani is well enough known yet in the U.S. to create a liquid market (which would allow the market to create the price) on eBay. But don't do the reserve price deal, either. Just do what you did this time. Put them up for sale at the lowest price (or just a little bit lower) than you would be willing to sell them for.

Yes, don't start your auctions at $.99

Have your starting price be the lowest price that is acceptable.

$.99 start auctions work for very well known brands. Also the traffic of your Ebay store is a big factor. Ebay sellers like Blondys_Bay_Auctions and Bargainland can start all their auctions at $.99, and it won't affect them. I believe it would affect you.

One other thing is the auction close time. I believe that Sunday evenings are known as the best auction close time.

I think that you ought to also consider using the Buy It Now format in addition to your starting price. For instance, for the belts that you are selling, it seems that your best route might a start price of $75 (which is the lowest price that is acceptable), and a Buy It Now of $150. And stay away from reserve prices always.

Good Luck, I really like Martegani.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies for the possibly silly question that may have been answered before already but, are the sizes US or UK please?

PS I'm in for one of those belts.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone!!!

One question though (and I guess I could ask ebay), but how do you offer the 'buy it now'? I have tried but it seems that you can only do that if an item is re-listed or you have a store. I will decide about opening an ebay store after this first batch of shoes is finished...but I am a little confused on the 'buy it now' feature.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need a minimum feedback rating (could be 30 but I forget) before you can do BIN auctions.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron, I think you're doing a great job so far, keep it up.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If they are marked size 9D on the auction listing, what is their marked European size? 42E?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads