• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romano Martegani ebay deals

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, after taking some time off, tending to my wife (diagnosed with breast cancer - THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE SENT NOTES!), trying to convince Italy that the exchange really will go back to <1.3/1 (I keep telling them something will happen in Germany [it always does] to screw things up for them) and not to raise prices too much, seeing my children graduate/get Confirmed/move out of the house (different children) and plan the Fall business, we have begun Spring Cleaning.

As a test, we are putting many (just begun) shoes and belts on ebay that were either samples or just odds-and-ends that are around for various reasons. Also, the factory, if there is interest in this format, might very well start to send all kinds of shoes to sell direct in this manner. So, I have not started an ebay store until I see how it goes, but here is my seller information:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZriders5rQQhtZ-1

I am brand new to the ebay thing, so it probably is not as good as it could/can be, but it's a start. There are some great deals already listed and many more to come....

Let me know if there is something I can do to make it better, and feel free to email/pm questions - I am happy to reply.

Also, I will be updating the blog soon (although there really isn't much that goes on this time of year for us), as I just have not had the time recently to keep up with it....sometimes life happens....keep watching!

Thanks Again!

Ron

Neo1824

Reaction score
Hi Ron.
I have two suggestions...first, add the size to the auction title. Second, perhaps add some dimensions to the shoes to help in figuring out what size someone needs.

Most importantly, hope your wife is doing better.

Stereojeff

Reaction score
Ron:

As Neo1824 has already noted, if you put the size in the header/subject it would be much easier to know if one's size is available.

Jeff

P. S. I first purchased Martegani shoes from Renaissance, a store in Ann Arbor, MI, in the late 70's. I once walked into Aventurra in Chicago about the same time and Arnie Klein asked me where I purchased the blue perfed Martegani's oxfords I was wearing. I told him Renaissance and later did business with him as well.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks....I will add the sizes in the titles from now on. That does get kind of sticky though....for some lasts I will suggest a change in size and only listing in the titles would eliminate some from viewing that might be able to wear.

Don't know Renaissance, but I sure know Avventura....you know Arnie passed last year. Don't know what happened to the Chicago store, but the one in Houston I think is still going....forget the owners name at the moment, but he is very nice.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the reserve for the Alligator belts is $75.....I decided after posting those that I do not like the reserve auction format....the shoes I simply put the lowest price I can accept as the starting point.

And check out some of the ladies bags that are there!!! I have sold alot, but the guy who does my leather goods makes for some very big, and highly regarded, brands and these samples got stuck in a showroom in NYC and could not be returned due to CITES expiring....some great deals on very high quality handbags - for gifts and such.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider, do you take direct requests? It appears Francos has not restocked any of their Martegani's in quite some time, if at all. Can I personally get in touch with you and, for example, request what you have in a brown-tan color for an oxford on the 3B last in a particular size (well, since I'm at it, US 10.5-11D)?

Actually, the 74 last looks interesting as well.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER

And check out some of the ladies bags that are there!!! I have sold alot, but the guy who does my leather goods makes for some very big, and highly regarded, brands and these samples got stuck in a showroom in NYC and could not be returned due to CITES expiring....some great deals on very high quality handbags - for gifts and such.

Can attest to this. After seeing 3 of the bags they are simple gorgeous. And at the prices they are at now its a ridiculously good deal.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope your wife does well.

You might consider setting up free Google check-out account in case you wish to avoid those PayPal charges. Google check-out is free till the end of this year.

vince321

Reaction score
If these shoes were in my size, a couple of them would definately be going home with me. I think this is an awesome idea and look forward to seeing some size 10D in the near future.

Keep up the good work!

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rider, do you take direct requests? It appears Francos has not restocked any of their Martegani's in quite some time, if at all. Can I personally get in touch with you and, for example, request what you have in a brown-tan color for an oxford on the 3B last in a particular size (well, since I'm at it, US 10.5-11D)?

Actually, the 74 last looks interesting as well.
Of course....anytime - just PM me. One thing to note, however, I am keeping these shoes in a small space on my property, not in a showroom setting, so after I unpack and take pics, they are going back in storage until sold....makes it too difficult for my wife to fetch them, see about a specific color question, take inventory, etc. MOST of these items to begin will be samples which are 8.5/9/9.5 in size. I also will have numerous specials, etc, but it's very difficult to take special requests, since when I travel (like tomorrow through next Thursday) I will not have access to them. I will always help as I can though. Hope you understand. I will always handle communication and, when I am away, my son (or wife) will handle shipping.

3B last runs 1/2 size large for sizes up to 10.5....11 and above take the regular size. 74 last runs smaller than 3B (every last I have runs smaller than 3B) and is pretty easy to translate size from say, Ferragamo.

Ron,
is the scuff that is polished over minor or is it visible?

also is size 9 in these equate to a US 9.5 -10D would it?
which shoe?????

would it be possible if you can provide the sole measurement when you can? thanks
Honestly, I never understood this when I have seen it asked.....doing this would tell you nothing about the fit - is there some other reason people ask this? Just curious...but I will measure if you tell me what shoe you like.

I hope your wife does well.
THANK YOU!

Anyone is more than welcome to pm/email me regarding what I hae, but really it is alot! I don't know until I go through everything exactly what I have and in what sizes. One reason I am using ebay is that the factory can see what is going on...they are taking the loss on these items and I don't want any confusion about what they are offered at. Plus, they said they have, like, 400 pair around in Italy they would like to move, so they can also keep up and see if they are interested in using ebay in the future or doing something else. They are all one of this, one of that, so the best way is direct to customers....we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ron

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG 400 pairs.... I'd be ineterested in UK7-US7.5 Dentine or double leather sole. Boots especially.
I have seen R. Martegani boots from years ago and I LOVED them. Alas I have never seen boots retailed at Franco's, they must be still making boots in Italy.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
Can I add a vote for shipping to Europe, or at least England.

Others here will probably have better ebay tips than me but, statistically, you will get the best prices by starting very low [99c] with no reserve.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads