Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Roma hotel recommendations

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by whnay., Jul 4, 2006.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

As the title states, I need recs for Rome. Looking for something 4 star, under $500 a night. Thanks in advance.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

As the title states, I need recs for Rome. Looking for something 4 star, under $500 a night. Thanks in advance.

bill - can you narrow it down a little? business? pleasure? is budget important? small garden hotel with a little character but not a lot of luxury? blow your mind luxury?

my overall recomendation would be Hotel Quirenelle, as nice, old fashined, well located and well under your budget. but if you didn't want to spend less than $400 and not more than $500, I could suggest somethihng better.

3. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

Surrounded by all the big fashion retail shops is the d'Inghilterra. It’s a old palazzo converted into a hotel over 100 years ago. It vibrates with life from the streets all around. It is well within the budget you suggest. It’s on Via Boca de Leone and a two minute walk to the Spanish Steps. Close the windows and the black lacquer shutters and the noise of the street is gone. http://hoteldinghilterra.warwickhotels.com/

Still within your budget, at the top of the Spanish Stairs and to the right of the cathedral is the old Hassler. Many of the rooms on the back of the Hassler have great views into Villa Medici. One look into the park and you’ll start humming some Respighi. It's a little more serene up here. Yet the bustle of the street is just two mintues down the Spanish Steps. http://www.hotelhasslerroma.com/uk-home.htm

There are pricier hotels in Rome. However, Mrs. FC and I prefer either of these two charming hotels as our end-of-day retreat when in Rome. The shopping is not quite up to Milan standards, but it is still great fun.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks Full Canvas, I'll check them out.

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bill--

Immediately next to the Hassler is the De La Ville which is also exquisitie, and about 1/3rd less expensive. I have stayed there on numerous visitis to Rome and enjoyed it immensely.

6. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

How is the Lord Byron?

7. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

The St. Regis Grand at Republica Square may be in your range. The Hassler has a rooftop restaurant that is worth a visit, for the view.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

How is the Lord Byron?
    He is mad, bad, and dangerous to know, which is the thrill of navigating Roman streets.

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I like the d'Inghilterra but absolutly hate the Hassler. Check out the Aleph, I have heard good things about it.

If the price is right (sometimes it is), the Eden is the best hotel in Rome.

10. Swann

Swann Senior member