1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling up sleeves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bradford, Mar 9, 2005.

1. rlevine

rlevine Well-Known Member

I always thought that the proper way to roll up sleeves was to pull the cuff up your arm and hten roll the non-cuff part of the shirt over the cuff. That's the best way I can describe it - try to picture it. You are essentially turning the bottom quarter of your sleeve inside out. This makes my sleeve end just below my elbow.

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

i like that method as well - it looks a lot less like you have a doughnut wrapped around your forearm. a more 'layered', folded look, because you see the cuff protruding under the roll.

also you can turn down the corners of the cuff for some added 'sprezzatura'.

i first ran across this method outlined in 'Cargo' magazine, maybe a year or so ago.

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

How far? How hard do you want to work? [​IMG]

4. brianst62

brianst62 Member

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea to me - the idea of rolling up your sleeves whilst running a meeting. As long as everyone else can do it too. Would definitely make things flow a lot easier than if everyone was all buttoned up and uncomfortable.

5. B|aze

B|aze Senior member

Good job, replying on a 7 year old post

6. brianst62

brianst62 Member

It did occur to me. Might start a new one, see if attitudes have changed since 2007 - ha ha.