1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Roll below jacket collar

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, May 14, 2013.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

I know we've talked about fixing it, but this question is about when it should and should not occur. My favorite suit jacket has no roll when I put it on and am standing normally. However, as soon as I tilt my head back or shrug my shoulders even the slightest amount I develop a small roll. So, is this worth seeking tailoring intervention or would just just leave well enough alone?

2. havingaraveup

havingaraveup Senior member

I'd love to know what causes this, but it's one of the things that indicates a good jacket to me. I cant buy a jacket if i sit down and see that happen. I figure its a fault in the quality overall that a tailor can't really fully fix, but I'd be curious to see where this thread goes.

3. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

That sounds normal to me.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

When you're moving, the jacket's not going to look the same way that it does when you're standing still. Tilting your head back changes the position of the collar, so it's not surprising that there will be a ruffle or roll. Your situations seems normal, but I can't tell without pictures.

Last edited: May 14, 2013