• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolex Daytona

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Hi I got a Rolex Daytona from my uncle, who has passed. And the fact is that I already own a Rolex Daydate, so I want to sell this Daytona. Just putting this up if someone is interested on a great deal, I have nothing to loose on this deal so it's all good for me.

The only problem is that the face on the watch has got some bronze stains from when i partied for like 2 weeks ago, the sprint was out because I had to change it(another country) and suddenly my friend pushes me into the water from the boat
frown.gif
So the face is damaged. It's not really big stains just on the chronograph dials. On ebay I have seen faces like mine for about 300-1000 USD, not a lot of money if you think of the deal you will get from me.

Its got a black face with gold all around the watch except the strap, that is brown alligator.

If you are interested contact me on my email, [email protected] so i can send pictures on it. (before i got the stains)

chim

Reaction score
i literally got a pain in my stomach reading about your partying mishap. could you maybe post the pictures post-stain?

Aristocrat

Reaction score
No I can't because my digital camera is broken, if u look from a meter away from it you dont see it and you dont see it when the sun is shinning on it. And when you see it, it just looks like it's darker (if you dont go on close) But if your interested i will give you all guys a big discount, i just want some extra money to spend
smile.gif

Aristocrat

Reaction score
I will concider eventually trades of any kind!

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
No I can't because my digital camera is broken

You can use a scanner to capture an image. It will be hard to sell, sight unseen.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
As i said, I have pics that i can mail to someone who is intrested(before stains.)

coatandthai

Reaction score
Hi I got a Rolex Daytona from my uncle, who has passed.

Sounds like the story most eBay fakes come with. "Bought from a garage sale" or "was in my deceased father's effects." Allows the seller to deny knowing it was a counterfeit.

Plus, no pics, and joined the forum a week ago. I think I'll pass.
Rolex-Watches-Da019-RW.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aristocrat, no offense, but given both cost of a Daytona and the frequency with which it is counterfeited, the chances of selling the watch without real good current pics are pretty close to zero. Add the fact that you said it now has a stain and who knows what else, you are facing a incredibly tough sell. The money you make in a sale will more than justify going out and buying yourself a $150-200 digital camera. You aren't going to sell it to anyone without pics or seeing it in person.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coatandthai
Sounds like the story most eBay fakes come with. "Bought from a garage sale" or "was in my deceased father's effects." Allows the seller to deny knowing it was a counterfeit.

Plus, no pics, and joined the forum a week ago. I think I'll pass.
Rolex-Watches-Da019-RW.jpg

I was being kind but you are right, most people would tell him to go take a flying....
dozingoff.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S
Originally Posted by edmorel
I was being kind but you are right, most people would tell him to go take a flying....
dozingoff.gif

Ah Yes, A great deal on a Rolex! I was in Hong Kong last year and there were many "Faux" Rolex Daytona's for $25 to $100. Looked pretty good too. Sort of like the one in the picture from replicashopping.com. Of course you don't have to go to Hong Kong to get a "Faux" Daytona. I can get them here in Houston, in NYC(while I'm there next week) or on the net. And now it seems you can get one on the Style Forum!

But here's the question! If this Daytona is a "Faux", why is it being sold with a "Bronze Stain". Is it a trick to make the deal more credible? Is it that little extra info that shows it's for real?

Tell you what Aristocrat(Great name BTW), I'll take it. How about $1000 US. Only thing, it will have to be sold in an escrow transaction whereby I get the watch first and have a chance to have it inspected, and then the funds are released. Or if you can wait. I'll be in Copenhagen in September. Hold on to the watch and I'll cross over to Sweden, and buy it from you directly.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Haha yeah i know it's sounds weird but you will get the two boxes and the authentication papers on that it's real. As I said, if you want pictures that i have taken when I got them, you could get them on email, because I dont know how to put it here! I know this sounds like a too great deal, you could get it for around 9000 USD, I think that's a good deal! And coatandthai, I can see on that pic that the "alligator" strap is fake.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, I emailed you yesterday, no photos yet.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
I've sent you an email about that i can send them on msn because my hotmail is not working as it should, so I have too check it on my friends! but my msn is working, can send through that, [email protected]

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha yeah i know it's sounds weird but you will get the two boxes and the authentication papers on that it's real. As I said, if you want pictures that i have taken when I got them, you could get them on email, because I dont know how to put it here! I know this sounds like a too great deal, you could get it for around 9000 USD, I think that's a good deal! And coatandthai, I can see on that pic that the "alligator" strap is fake.

Not only is the strap a fake, the whole watch is a fake!

www.replicashopping.com!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads