• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG

I picked these up from Brian Friday morning and happily wore them all day.

A bit of a unconventional build for Underdogs, since most choose the slimmer profile last, these are on a Munson Last.

Black CXL Horsehide Roughout, with pieces chosen for character - bleed through and Horween printing.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bjhofkin

Reaction score
Role Club custom 5" chukka (probably tall enough to be called "George boots") in natural horsehide CXL.

These photos are from a month or so ago when the boots were brand new; I've been wearing them a lot and they're already aging beautifully – I'll try to post some new pics soon.

IMG_1776.jpeg
IMG_1777.jpeg
IMG_1778.jpeg
IMG_1779.jpeg
IMG_1780.jpeg

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Role Club custom 5" chukka (probably tall enough to be called "George boots") in natural horsehide CXL.

These photos are from a month or so ago when the boots were brand new; I've been wearing them a lot and they're already aging beautifully – I'll try to post some new pics soon.

View attachment 1182430 View attachment 1182431 View attachment 1182432 View attachment 1182433 View attachment 1182434
Good start guys thanks for sharing. Hopefully i can share something in the not so distant future.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brian is next on my list to get boots from although I’d rather stop over in LA to have him measure me. Currently waiting on some boots from Brass Tokyo and White Kloud, but some underdogs or engineers are definitely next once those get delivered.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1182356 View attachment 1182357 View attachment 1182358 View attachment 1182359

A bit of a unconventional build for Underdogs, since most choose the slimmer profile last, these are on a Munson Last.

Black CXL Horsehide Roughout, with pieces chosen for character - bleed through and Horween printing.
Saw these on the Instagram— they look great! I prefer this last to the sleeker standard one.

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
The color and texture are great!

I know I had to send in my foot and ankle measurements. Did you do the same process? What do you think about the fit?
I did not send in measurements. Fortunately I live near Brian's shop, so I went in for a fitting. 15 to 45 min drive (LA traffic).

The fit is great. No problem wearing them all day. Perfect with thinner socks, which I'm happy for considering warm weather wear. Normally, I must wear boot socks with all my Vibergs, since size 10 has to much toe hit and 10.5 is then a bit loose on the wider lasts.

Last edited:

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
Brian is next on my list to get boots from although I’d rather stop over in LA to have him measure me. Currently waiting on some boots from Brass Tokyo and White Kloud, but some underdogs or engineers are definitely next once those get delivered.
You made the White Kloud trek?! If only he took mail in measurements.
What boots did you commission?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You made the White Kloud trek?! If only he took mail in measurements.
What boots did you commission?

Yeah I went and visited Goto-sans workshop last fall in Japan. I won’t get my boots till next year though. I ordered his Blucher 87 boot identically to this. Highly recommend going and seeing him if possible.

3C59F9CF-1F6A-4536-B99B-09686ADA3786.jpeg

HolyBootsBatman

Reaction score
Yeah I went and visited Goto-sans workshop last fall in Japan. I won’t get my boots till next year though. I ordered his Blucher 87 boot identically to this. Highly recommend going and seeing him if possible.

View attachment 1182635
Those Bluchers are striking. Fine pick!
A long time ago I was into Zen, but I'm too lazy. So, I have no other reason to travel to Japan, perhaps one day.

LeviMay

Reaction score
View attachment 1182356 View attachment 1182357 View attachment 1182358 View attachment 1182359

Pardon the language, but those are ******* amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads