Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rolando Sturlini Brown Cap Toe Brogue with Commando Outsole Review

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hippo007003, Dec 16, 2014.

1. hippo007003

hippo007003 Active Member

Hi fellowes,
    This is the first time for me to write a review about a brand of shoe which is not well known but it really delivers true value. The brand name is Rolando Sturlini. Someone may know or not. It is an Italian shoe maker located in Tuscan country side. Buttero is actually from the same region too. Tuscan is famous of winery but I suspect that some domestic made shoes can present extraordinary design and quality. Why am I saying that? Because I can feel it and I can show you some pictures to make sure you have the same feeling.
    Long story short, I have found this pair from Marshalls Canada in Toronto city Ontario. I think Marshalls sometimes carries what they call it "Red Carpet" products such as designer shoes and clothes. I have bought my SF and Dolce from there with extremely low price (you know that clearance red tag) so I decided to shop around to see if I could be lucky again. Boo! I was looking on the "Men's clearance" rack until I touched this pair.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Tt was on sale for $140 CAD from the original $485. What can you say? Well, it could be just marketing but I would say no after I examed the shoes inside out.
    The pebble grain leather upper is extremely nice. Soft but solid. The shoes are done by Norwegian / Storm Welt Construction according to my knowledge (I could be wrong though)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The outsole is constructed by commando sole. It is heavy and robusted to me.[​IMG]
    The most important part is that the shoes fit so comfortablely and also not chunky. They actually look very slim and sleek on feet. I believe the last is built in a comtemporary way but also classic. Overall, I do not know what I should complain about the shoes. Speaking of the design and quality, they are beyond some well known brands at least this pair is.
    I will write another review after I wear it for couple months. Thanks for reading

2. Alviani

Alviani New Member

Actually I just bought exactly the same shoes from Marshalls but I paid 279$ ! I thought I got a good deal but apparently you get a much better deal half of the price that I paid :) mine is black and I really like the shoes